LSI 1068e drivers

pantner

Ok, so playing around with unRaid and things are looking good.

I have been putting side hardware to use in a WHS box but now looking at unRaid instead.

Most things have been going good. Most of my tests have been with the onboard sata controller.

Now i've dropped in my LSI 1068E card and discovered it doesn't work unraid  :( (tried both the current stable and the beta versions from the main site)

Done some searching on here and can't find an exact answer...

Do i need to recompile unraid/the kernel to get extra drivers into it?

The card has RedHat and Suse drivers avaliable, can i easilly use them?

and the hardest question of all, how? Seen a post or 2 about how to do recompile it, but it seems to do a full install of slackware aswell, which i don't want (though, i may've misunderstood)

I don't have a great deal of exp with linux, done some basic web/mysql setups, but never had to install drivers or compile a kernel or anything like that.

I found a thread and someone posted some downloads to get it working, but they were for use in VMware, this is just a normal install with tha SAS card installed.

any help would be greatly appriciated! :)

Ok, so playing around with unRaid and things are looking good.

I have been putting side hardware to use in a WHS box but now looking at unRaid instead.

Most things have been going good. Most of my tests have been with the onboard sata controller.

Now i've dropped in my LSI 1068E card and discovered it doesn't work unraid  :( (tried both the current stable and the beta versions from the main site)

Done some searching on here and can't find an exact answer...

Do i need to recompile unraid/the kernel to get extra drivers into it?

The card has RedHat and Suse drivers avaliable, can i easilly use them?

and the hardest question of all, how? Seen a post or 2 about how to do recompile it, but it seems to do a full install of slackware aswell, which i don't want (though, i may've misunderstood)

I don't have a great deal of exp with linux, done some basic web/mysql setups, but never had to install drivers or compile a kernel or anything like that.

I found a thread and someone posted some downloads to get it working, but they were for use in VMware, this is just a normal install with tha SAS card installed.

any help would be greatly appriciated! :)

You can use the ones from the VMWare thread on a standalone machine.

i seem to remember reading the person that made them said they shouldn't be used on a stand alone machine...

i tried anyway, but the bootloader must be different cause i made my USB key the same, but i coped the files from his ISO and it fails booting.

i guess i could burn it and test...

I'd recommend sending Tom an email requesting these drivers be added. It won't happen overnight but ultimately the best solution is to have the regular unRaid distribution support your controler. In the mean time, you might want to buy a supported controler to get your array going.