New Config Tool

Hi Guys,

after few years with my built and some HDD changes I would like to put some order. I was thinking to use the New Config Tool just to have a logic sequence of the disks that now are all over...

Before doing it I want to be sure to do thinks correctly and I want to be sure that I will not loose any data.

Any advice?

Thanks

Make a note of what your parity disk(s) are.

Also, if you are only using a single parity disk and its assigned to the first parity slot, then when starting the array, you can also check off Parity is Already Valid.

If you are using 2 parity disks (or only one and it's assigned to the 2nd parity slot), then you will have to rebuild the parity information (ie: Parity is NOT valid)

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

Make a note of what your parity disk(s) are.

Also, if you are only using a single parity disk and its assigned to the first parity slot, then when starting the array, you can also check off Parity is Already Valid.

If you are using 2 parity disks (or only one and it's assigned to the 2nd parity slot), then you will have to rebuild the parity information (ie: Parity is NOT valid)

Thanks