Creating VM with 2 virtual CPU's, with no CPU pinning

I have a need to create a few VM's.  I would like to set up each with 2 virtual CPU's.  However I will be creating several for testing, in the range of 20-30.  I have a Ryzen 3950X.  I won't want to have to go in and assign 20-30 VM's across the cores. Would rather let the machine balance them.  And as I create more or less the load would change.

Any way to create VMs with virtual CPUs, not have to assign cores and threads, rather allow them to run across all?  I know I could assign all cores to all VM's, however it then shows as all CPU's in each VM, and I need to each VM to register no more than 2 cpus.

Appears the templates force you to select cores and threads

Any help appreciated.

On 3/25/2020 at 6:40 PM, douglascrane said:

I have a need to create a few VM's.  I would like to set up each with 2 virtual CPU's.  However I will be creating several for testing, in the range of 20-30.  I have a Ryzen 3950X.  I won't want to have to go in and assign 20-30 VM's across the cores. Would rather let the machine balance them.  And as I create more or less the load would change.

Any way to create VMs with virtual CPUs, not have to assign cores and threads, rather allow them to run across all?  I know I could assign all cores to all VM's, however it then shows as all CPU's in each VM, and I need to each VM to register no more than 2 cpus.

Appears the templates force you to select cores and threads

Any help appreciated.

It's a manual xml edit. You can just remove the <cputune> section.