Newbie - New Server Help PLS with Krusader

Server seems to be running fine started to transfer data but I don't have a year to wait. Need to install Krusader so I can read external USB drive and move data to Array. Only I cannot seem to start Krusader. I think it is installed but not sure how to config it assuming that is what stopping it opening. Any help appreciated, any video I have watched does not seem the same. Thanks.

I do not understand sorry. This is a completely new environment for me. It's a totally new language which I am struggling with. Server is started with array 

,cache, parity all ok but transferring data would take me a lifetime. I have external drive attached but I cannot get Krusader which I THINK is installed to start. I have read all that I can see and watched all I can find for the last two days but im now getting frustrated as time is of the essence if I am going to purchase this software. It seems things are not as straight forward as I believed. Probably too many years working in a windows environment.

On 3/25/2020 at 3:00 PM, TopCat44 said:

Need to install Krusader so I can read external USB drive and move data to Array.

Considering Midnight Commander is built in, is there an advantage to using Krusader? Honestly I've never used it because I was using the Dolphin docker for a long time. Dolphin is pretty good too if you need the GUI but MC seems easier somehow once you get used to the basic operation.

Edited by Dissones4U
typo
17 minutes ago, Dissones4U said:

MC seems easier somehow once you get used to the basic operation.

It's also faster. Krusader and Dolphin both seem to be slower copying.

A properly configured network is probably faster than a locally connected USB as well. USB data transfer can be very temperamental, I'd recommend connecting to a SATA or eSATA port for mass data transfer.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dissones4U said:

Considering Midnight Commander is built in, is there an advantage to using Krusader? Honestly I've never used it because I was using the Dolphin docker for along time. Dolphin is pretty good too if you need the GUI but MC seems easier somehow once you get used to the basic operation.

Another option is also doing everything completely over the network.  With SMB3, copies from one share to another do NOT transfer the network, so you wind up hitting the max speeds of the hardware itself (ie: I can quite easily hit 700MB/s over SMB copying from one cache-only share to another over a 1G network)

Moves from one share to another would be slower though unless you configure a "root" share (there's a video from spaceinvaderone about that)

21 hours ago, Dissones4U said:

Considering Midnight Commander is built in... MC seems easier somehow once you get used to the basic operation.

20 hours ago, jonathanm said:

It's also faster...

I've been using MC since Unraid v4.7. I only install Krusader to get an idea of other user's experience with it.