Mini SAS Expansion Card

Hello,

Hope someone can help.

I have a mini-sas backplane which i'm trying to find a mini-sas controller to fit to my server. Currently I have a mini-sas to SATA breakoff to a SATA expansion card. I was hoping something like this existed that allowed me to connect 2-4 backplanes to one card through mini-sas to mini-sas cables or mini-sas to sas.

Unsure if this is something that exists, if it does do i need to watch for anything like forward/reverse cables?

Thank you.

I was hoping something like this existed that allowed me to connect 2-4 backplanes to one card through mini-sas to mini-sas cables or mini-sas to sas.

What backplane? Does it have a SAS expander? If it's an expander backplane you can connect 1 or 2 miniSAS cables from the HBA to access all slots, if not you need 1 miniSAS cable for every 4 disks, but there are controllers that support 16 (or more) devices.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

What backplane? Does it have a SAS expander? If it's an expander backplane you can connect 1 or 2 miniSAS cables from the HBA to access all slots, if not you need 1 miniSAS cable for each 4 disks, but there are controllers that support 16 (or more) devices.

Unfortunately i'm not too sure, this is relatively new to me. This is the case that i have. Which is described as: SATA/SAS drive bays (4 x Mini SAS).

Unsure if this answers your question? But i do appreciate the quick response.