Phantom Share appeared (SOLVED)

Hi All

I have a 'phantom' share on my UnRAID shares list which I cant get rid of.

It all started when I mis-configured Syncthing to sync files between two servers. I wanted to link /downloads/files on my local server - but accidentally entered the share as /dlownloads\files and it seems to have created a new share called "downloads\files"... so I have one share called "downloads" and one called "downloads\files"

I deleted /downloads\files in MC and it now only shows the single "downloads" share - it is also not visible in the shares tab in UnRAID.

But in network neighbourhood from my windows machine... it is still there. If I open \\192.168.1.101\ (the UnRAID IP) I get a list of shares which can be mapped and here I have "downloads" and "downloads\files".

When I browse inside "downloads\files" there are folders which look like they contain synced files from the remote server running Syncthing! Has anyone had this before and know how to get rid of it?

I did wonder whether it has created some sort of link in the O/S so it is displaying whats in "/downloads/files".

Any help appreciated 🙂

Edited by SliMat
solved
9 minutes ago, Squid said:

Stopping & restarting the array should get rid of the share showing up over the network.  But, if it still does, then it's been created again by the application and you have to fix that.

If the share has files in it then it will still exist. You may have deleted it all but it came back.

2 hours ago, Squid said:

Stopping & restarting the array should get rid of the share showing up over the network.  But, if it still does, then it's been created again by the application and you have to fix that.

Thanks - I realised what I'd done and corrected the setting in the application - thanks, I'll restart the array when I can take it offline and see what happens.

2 hours ago, trurl said:

If the share has files in it then it will still exist. You may have deleted it all but it came back.

Thanks - the odd thing is that the phantom share (/downloads\files) is showing exactly the same files as exist in the proper share (/downloads/files)... which made me wonder if it was some sort of link to the proper share.

6 hours ago, Squid said:

Stopped and started the array and sure enough the phantom share wasnt there when it restarted 👍