Assigned drive letters at boot.

Is it possible to have the drives retain their assigned drive letters at boot at all. When the server is rebooted the drives are assigned a different letter which screws up my temp monitoring of the drives for the graph and I have to reassign the drives to the correct letter if booted.

Edited by JaseNZ
55 minutes ago, JaseNZ said:

Is it possible to have the drives retain their assigned drive letters at boot all. When the server is rebooted the drives are assigned a different letter which screws up my temp monitoring of the drives for the graph and I have to reassign the drives to the correct letter if booted.

There is not (and never will be) any guarantee for a drive to be assigned a particular sdX name at boot time.  It's all dependent upon the order in which the drives enumerate themselves.

They do tend to not change if you don't add / remove drives though (but no guarantee)

If you're scripting all this then you would have to extract the appropriate designation for the drive from /var/local/emhttp/disks.ini

• Like 1