Parity Sync/Data-Rebuilt

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update...

I was following a guide how to do it but apparently I f...ed up everything!

This is what I did:

1) Stopped the array

2) Unassigned the disk

3) Start the array again

According to the guide this would have started a data rebuilt on the remaining disks (that did not happened).

So stopped the array again and I re-assigned the disk but now it says that it is a new device and the system is trying to rebuilt data on that disk (that I do not want to use because is faulty).

What should I do now?

5 hours ago, gideva said:

1) Stopped the array

2) Unassigned the disk

3) Start the array again

According to the guide this would have started a data rebuilt on the remaining disks (that did not happened).

Don't know what guide you were seeing but that's not correct, doing that will start the array with the missing disk emulated, and what you did after will rebuild the same disk on top.

Disk8 does appear to have some issues, if you still want to removed it from the array you need to do a new config and re-sync parity, is there still any data on that disk?

Disk 8 does have issues and that is why I wanted to remove it. Yes there is plenty of data on the disk I would like to transfer (that is actually what I wanted to do from the beginning). I have plenty of space available on the array and I was trying to avoid to add a new disk and do data rebuilt.

19 minutes ago, gideva said:

No. Nothing done.

That's not possible, either disk8 was already empty or it was formatted.

Best bet now is to mount the original disk8 with UD and copy whatever you can to the array, you'll still need to do a new config and resync parity to get rid of the emulated disk8.