GA-970A-D3P AHCI Controller issue?

UnRAID Basic License - 6.8.2

Motherboard: GA-970A-D3P

Detailed drive information for the 4 working drives in attached text file

Having troubles adding a 5th hard drive on this motherboard:  GA-970A-D3P (This is my first time trying to get this many drives running on this machine)

Motherboard Manual:  https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-970a-d3p_e.pdf

What makes this slightly more complicated is that I had previously had this hard drive in the array and replaced it with a bigger hard drive.  Long story short, a saw a few hints  Because of this, I was trying to access the super.dat file to remove the entry manually but it appears to be encrypted or I'm stupid.

I now believe this is due to an AHCI controller/driver problem because I don't even see the hard drive on the host (see attached text file for drives).  I don't have a large amount of experience with this but I googled quite a bit to try and determine which controller that is on the motherboard but no luck.

Do I need to run this script (or something similar) to get it to work or is this a simple BIOS change?  I don't have access to the BIOS right now because I don't have a keyboard, gfx card or monitor, but I will run and get them all if we're thinking this is the culprit.

AHCI Problems.txt

Edited by orangechrome

All 6 ports are set to AHCI, you appear to be having flash drive issues:

Mar 27 10:12:21 Tower kernel: sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] tag#0 UNKNOWN(0x2003) Result: hostbyte=0x00 driverbyte=0x08
Mar 27 10:12:21 Tower kernel: sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] tag#0 Sense Key : 0x3 [current]
Mar 27 10:12:21 Tower kernel: sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] tag#0 ASC=0x11 ASCQ=0x0
Mar 27 10:12:21 Tower kernel: sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] tag#0 CDB: opcode=0x28 28 00 01 dd 14 20 00 00 01 00
Mar 27 10:12:21 Tower kernel: print_req_error: critical medium error, dev sda, sector 31265824

11 minutes ago, orangechrome said:

Would you recommend using a different flash drive or scanning for bad sectors?

You could try reformatting that one first, if still issues then replace.

11 minutes ago, orangechrome said:

All 6 ports being set to AHCI is the desired setting, correct?

Yep

WOW - I believe this is actually a drive issue. 

Started a "non-quick" format to be thorough and in the mean time started troubleshooting the drive issues:

Switched this drive into one of the slots of the working drives (SATA0 thru 3 don't remember which one) but the BIOS still didn't recognize it.

Please don't close this thread yet, I will check in with final resolution.   Thanks for all the help so far!  

Edit:  Also - apologies for wasting time on a stupid issue

Edited by orangechrome