Cache drive dead?

Everything seemed fine until I set a docker (MySQL) to auto start. As soon as I did that, I got a notification. Can't recall what it said. I shut down my tower at night. When I turned it on, unraid said something about mounting the filesystem in the array list. I stopped the array and was able to mount the cache drive as a unassigned device. Unraid said it returned to normal operation but when I added it, same filesystem message in the array. I looked at the disk and it said this...

Mar 27 00:39:50 Server kernel: BTRFS error (device sdi1): parent transid verify failed on 477822976 wanted 220786 found 220235
Mar 27 00:39:50 Server kernel: BTRFS: error (device sdi1) in __btrfs_free_extent:6805: errno=-5 IO failure
Mar 27 00:39:50 Server kernel: BTRFS: error (device sdi1) in btrfs_run_delayed_refs:2935: errno=-5 IO failure
Mar 27 00:39:50 Server kernel: BTRFS: error (device sdi1) in btrfs_replay_log:2281: errno=-5 IO failure (Failed to recover log tree)
Mar 27 00:39:50 Server kernel: BTRFS error (device sdi1): pending csums is 1630208
Mar 27 00:39:50 Server kernel: BTRFS error (device sdi1): open_ctree failed

Is this a drive issue? Should I format it and add it as xfs? I heard btrfs could be the issue and to switch it to xfs

7 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Yep

thanks for that link, i was able to recover everything (i believe) i used cp command which only gave me 1 error in mysql but seems to be a log file. also did the recovery and that gave me a lot of loop errors which i kept clicking retry which worked on the 3rd try. so at least i have 2 copies. since the cache drive is not in the array anymore, how should i proceed? 

dont know if i should add it which will make me format since it isnt in the array anymore and setting it up as a cache drive.

after making it a cache drive for appdata, do i move back the original appdata content and will it auto detect  or should i first redownload the dockers and replace the data?

thanks for all the help. the strangest thing just happened... i added it back to the array as a cache drive and it detected with all the data. i went to the docker tab and everything is there.  im really not sure if i should leave it or if i have to change anything on the shares. what i am trying to say is any reconfiguration since i was running it without the cache drive so the system recreated appdata and system and domain folders in the array so i am not sure if those are safe to delete

well it worked for a day then it gave me an unmountable error again. should i try xfs filesystem for cache drive instead of BTRFS?

edit: i put the latest daig with me entering the commands from the previous linked thread but this time it gave me wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdi1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error.

server-diagnostics-20200330-2136.zip

Edited by droopie
newer
8 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

You can try but btrfs going corrupt quickly multiple times usually indicates a hardware problem, or were there any unclean shutdowns? If not good idea to at least run memtest.

i ran a memtest it passed when setting up unraid. i dont think it was an unclean shutdown since i click stop on the array and wait till i only see start, reboot, shutdown buttons on the bottom. unless im supposed to do something else? it could just be a cheap ssd. i got it cuz it was on sale and i only wanted a small ssd for appdata and vms but vms are useless on my system since i cant passthrough the hardware like i wanted so only appdata now. 

just an update i changed the cache drive to xfs and just reinstalled everything freshly so i lost all the configurations but no biggie at this point in time. im still fairly new to this unraid. after readding all the dockers and configuring them and rebooting the system, i havnt seen any errors in the cache drive. so im not sure if i just had bad issues with the filesystem. if i dont see any in a week ill just stick with the current filesystem but if i have any issues ill put everything back in the array and go without an ssd till i get a better brand and model on sale. 

server-diagnostics-20200331-1921.zip