Parity Check errors after PSU failure

Hi,

I recently had my PSU fail in my unRAID server. I installed a new PSU and the array came up fine. Did a (non-correcting) parity check and it shows 3547 parity errors.

The turn of events:

- The server went down due to the PSU failing

- I tried to find out whether it really was the PSU by using a different one without putting it into the case, the server booted fine, started a parity check which I aborted (doe to wanting to putting the PSU in the case).

- I installed the new PSU

- I started the server and started a new (non-correcting) parity check (which resulted in 3547 parity errors, but no read errors on the drives)

The Main page shows no read errors on the drives (which happened the last time i had parity problems).

I had recently invoked an unBALANCE moving process to empty a drive. This was running while the PSU died. Some of the files that were moved during this process now show as being on 2 disks at once (disk 3 and disk 6 in my case, they were to be moved from 3 to 6).

Any advice on how to proceed in my case? Should I proceed deleting the duplicates on drive 6 (or drive 3)?

What are the next steps?

Thanks!

Edited by taalas
clarification of events

Thanks for your quick reply johnnie.black.

I edited my initial post to better reflect what happened (I had started the server once between installing the new PSU).

So, I should not worry about the parity errors (even if there seem to be alot of them), run a correcting parity check and then delete the duplicate files after? Do I delete them directly from /mnt/disk[n]/... or will this be a problem with parity?

I do have drives that show read errors in their SMART logs (afaik the number did not change during this though), but no uncorrectable ones.

Thanks for your advice

52 minutes ago, taalas said:

So, I should not worry about the parity errors (even if there seem to be alot of them), run a correcting parity check and then delete the duplicate files after?

Number of errors is pretty normal, especially if it went down during writes.

52 minutes ago, taalas said:

Do I delete them directly from /mnt/disk[n]/... or will this be a problem with parity?

Yes and no.