mariadb docker disappearing

Have the strangest issue, and not sure how to debug. For the last few months, about once a week my mariadb docker goes away. It is gone, not running, not showing up in the docker list.

The files are still there in /mnt/user/appdata/mariadb. So reinstalling it gets it back with no data loss. I've tried uninstalling it and re-installing it, but nothing seems to keep it for more than a week. It is the only docker that has been doing this to me. I have others installed with no issues.

Any ideas?

I do have docker auto updating enabled. Is there a log somewhere I can check. I looked at /var/log/docker.log and I see these lines:

time="2020-03-29T04:07:57.144700918-05:00" level=error msg="Not continuing with pull after error: context canceled"
time="2020-03-29T04:13:35.315669842-05:00" level=error msg="Not continuing with pull after error: context canceled"

So perhaps I just disable auto-updating for now.

Edited by laxdragon

Not sure if I should start a new threat or if this is a similar issue, but I just installed 2 new dockers, there were running fine, but all of a sudden they have disappeared from my docker list. All my other other ones are still there...

Is there a limit to the number of dockers being displayed on the page?

I currently have 26 (plus the missing ones)

OK so I found a new piece of the puzzle (for me at least):

Just as you, both my docker image's data is still visible in the 'app data' folder.

When I switch to 'advanced view' in the Docker screen, my missing containers are now displayed at the bottom as "orphaned images".

Not sure what happened, as I had just installed them and not done any custom configuration. I had simply started them...

I guess the easiest will be to remove the orphans and reinstall... I'll remove the app data as well just in case...

• 2 months later...

In my case the plex docker was gone, but the appdata folder was still there with all the data.

i managed to reinstall the docker.

Here is what i did:

1. Backup appdata\plex and renamed it to be safe (i also have backups from the last 7 days of appdata folder)

2. Installed the same plex app again and made the settings of the app again

3. Stopped the docker

4. Deleted the new plex folder and renamed the old one to "plex" again

5. Started the docker again

Everthing was fine again.

I don't know which the other docker was which is also gone, but i think i deleted it already.
Maybe that's why there is no name on the docker id.

But the Question remains: What happened?

Edited by Harlequin42

@Harlequin42

Hi,

I am ashamed but I actually do not remember how I fixed it! :(

I think the first problem was to understand where even to see them (I think you had to go to the advanced view). But it seems you already did that.

Since the app data is still there, I think it was just a matter of deleting and recreating the container (it then used the same app data).

Sorry, maybe not much help I know...