[Support] binhex - Phantom

Overview: Support for Docker image arch-phantom in the binhex repo.

Application: Phantom - https://github.com/jhead/phantom

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-phantom

GitHub: https://github.com/binhex/arch-phantom

Documentation: https://github.com/binhex/documentation

If you appreciate my work, then please consider buying me a beer 😁

btn_donate_SM.gif&key=57f6b617e37a194c35

For other Docker support threads and requests, news and Docker template support for the binhex repository please use the "General" thread here

• 2 months later...

This will be so helpful!  Thank you.  I have been pulling my hair out with the custom DNS/Realms workarounds on the XBOX.

I am having a hard time understanding where Phantom fits into the network routing... Can you please let me know if I have configured this right?

I have a minecraft docker (binhex-minecraftbedrock) running on 192.168.1.7, port 19132.

I configured Phantom like this:

• Phantom docker with its own IP address (192.168.1.8)
  • Host Port 1 - 19132
  • Host Port 2 - 19132  (why repeated?)
  • Host Port 3 - 19133
  • Host Port 4 - 19133  (why repeated?)
  • Remote Minecraft IP - this is my WAN IP (1.1.1.1)
  • Remote Minecraft Port - 19132

Firewall Port Forwarding:

• Forward incoming port 19132 to the Phantom IP (192.168.1.8) or to the Minecraft docker IP (192.168.1.7)?

XBOX Users:

• For my local XBOXs, they should see this server on the LAN page.
  • For remote XBOX users, what do they need to do?

Thanks for your help!

Edge

@edgespresso

- the repeat host ports are for TCP and UDP which are listed separately for docker.

- LOCAL Xbox users do not need phantom, they will see the LAN game automatically already.

- The use case for this is that is needs to run on the same network as the REMOTE Xbox (not on the same network as your server) and phantom created a bridge to make it look like your server is on the same LAN as that REMOTE Xbox.

@binhex

There is something wrong with the template or the start.sh script you have not constructing the "MINECRAFT_SERVER'" variable correctly as when starting the container, I get:

2020-06-06 13:29:48,460 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/phantom.conf" during parsing
2020-06-06 13:29:48,460 INFO Set uid to user 0 succeeded
2020-06-06 13:29:48,463 INFO supervisord started with pid 7
2020-06-06 13:29:49,465 INFO spawned: 'start-script' with pid 57
2020-06-06 13:29:49,465 INFO reaped unknown pid 8
2020-06-06 13:29:49,471 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[crit] No Minecraft Bedrock server specified via env var 'MINECRAFT_SERVER', exiting...

This is using the template with no modifications except entering an address for REMOTE_MINECRAFT_IP

I also noted that you pinned "latest" release tag as v0.3.1 in your pull rather than the latest release, Phantom is now at 0.5.1.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, sreknob said:

There is something wrong with the template or the start.sh script you have not constructing the "MINECRAFT_SERVER'" variable correctly as when starting the container, I get:

you are quite right, i must of drunk too much beer when i was coding this up :-). i have corrected it and bumped the version to 0.5.1, its currently building so should be available soon.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Soulflyzz said:

Does this run on top of binhex/arch-minecraftbedrockserver or is this a full stand alone docker?

its a completely separate docker image that needs to be run on the remote site that wants to connect to your minecraft bedrock server.

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...
On 7/13/2020 at 4:30 AM, binhex said:

its a completely separate docker image that needs to be run on the remote site that wants to connect to your minecraft bedrock server.

just so I understand this... My brother has his minecraft server setup at his house, and I can login on the XBOX using the DNS trick... if I set this docker up on my server, I won't need the DNS trick? is that what this does? what is the reason for this?

I don't have my own minecraft server... My son just uses my brothers so they can play together....

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Hello.
I'm still quite new into Unraid.

Trying to start this app after first install, but all I get is this modal saying "Execution error".

image.png.9165d6f5810ea0ab1091d0419ec5c388.png

Looking at the logs, turns out the're empty.

image.png.b994e10f7982f55a5409bc820066e6b6.png

What am I doing wrong here.
Probably a port clash would be my guess but running docker start from unraid console will give you more information

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk