[Support] binhex - Phantom

Overview: Support for Docker image arch-phantom in the binhex repo.

Application: Phantom - https://github.com/jhead/phantom

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-phantom

GitHub: https://github.com/binhex/arch-phantom

Documentation: https://github.com/binhex/documentation

If you appreciate my work, then please consider buying me a beer 😁

btn_donate_SM.gif&key=57f6b617e37a194c35

For other Docker support threads and requests, news and Docker template support for the binhex repository please use the "General" thread here

IMPORTANT This image is now end of life and will not be maintained. The GitHub repository linked above has been archived, the UNRAID  template has been removed and this support thread is now locked.

• 2 months later...

This will be so helpful!  Thank you.  I have been pulling my hair out with the custom DNS/Realms workarounds on the XBOX.

I am having a hard time understanding where Phantom fits into the network routing... Can you please let me know if I have configured this right?

I have a minecraft docker (binhex-minecraftbedrock) running on 192.168.1.7, port 19132.

I configured Phantom like this:

• Phantom docker with its own IP address (192.168.1.8)
  • Host Port 1 - 19132
  • Host Port 2 - 19132  (why repeated?)
  • Host Port 3 - 19133
  • Host Port 4 - 19133  (why repeated?)
  • Remote Minecraft IP - this is my WAN IP (1.1.1.1)
  • Remote Minecraft Port - 19132

Firewall Port Forwarding:

• Forward incoming port 19132 to the Phantom IP (192.168.1.8) or to the Minecraft docker IP (192.168.1.7)?

XBOX Users:

• For my local XBOXs, they should see this server on the LAN page.
  • For remote XBOX users, what do they need to do?

Thanks for your help!

Edge

@edgespresso

- the repeat host ports are for TCP and UDP which are listed separately for docker.

- LOCAL Xbox users do not need phantom, they will see the LAN game automatically already.

- The use case for this is that is needs to run on the same network as the REMOTE Xbox (not on the same network as your server) and phantom created a bridge to make it look like your server is on the same LAN as that REMOTE Xbox.

@binhex

There is something wrong with the template or the start.sh script you have not constructing the "MINECRAFT_SERVER'" variable correctly as when starting the container, I get:

2020-06-06 13:29:48,460 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/phantom.conf" during parsing
2020-06-06 13:29:48,460 INFO Set uid to user 0 succeeded
2020-06-06 13:29:48,463 INFO supervisord started with pid 7
2020-06-06 13:29:49,465 INFO spawned: 'start-script' with pid 57
2020-06-06 13:29:49,465 INFO reaped unknown pid 8
2020-06-06 13:29:49,471 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[crit] No Minecraft Bedrock server specified via env var 'MINECRAFT_SERVER', exiting...

This is using the template with no modifications except entering an address for REMOTE_MINECRAFT_IP

I also noted that you pinned "latest" release tag as v0.3.1 in your pull rather than the latest release, Phantom is now at 0.5.1.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, sreknob said:

There is something wrong with the template or the start.sh script you have not constructing the "MINECRAFT_SERVER'" variable correctly as when starting the container, I get:

you are quite right, i must of drunk too much beer when i was coding this up :-). i have corrected it and bumped the version to 0.5.1, its currently building so should be available soon.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Soulflyzz said:

Does this run on top of binhex/arch-minecraftbedrockserver or is this a full stand alone docker?

its a completely separate docker image that needs to be run on the remote site that wants to connect to your minecraft bedrock server.

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...
On 7/13/2020 at 4:30 AM, binhex said:

its a completely separate docker image that needs to be run on the remote site that wants to connect to your minecraft bedrock server.

just so I understand this... My brother has his minecraft server setup at his house, and I can login on the XBOX using the DNS trick... if I set this docker up on my server, I won't need the DNS trick? is that what this does? what is the reason for this?

I don't have my own minecraft server... My son just uses my brothers so they can play together....

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Hello.
I'm still quite new into Unraid.

Trying to start this app after first install, but all I get is this modal saying "Execution error".

image.png.9165d6f5810ea0ab1091d0419ec5c388.png

Looking at the logs, turns out the're empty.

image.png.b994e10f7982f55a5409bc820066e6b6.png

What am I doing wrong here.
Probably a port clash would be my guess but running docker start from unraid console will give you more information

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

• binhex locked this topic