Check box to auto kill mover on shutdown/restart

So last night I had a power outage. Before I went to sleep I had set my machine to move a bunch of files from cache and went to sleep. Woke up to the batteries all beeping. My battery gives me about 15 minutes to "do something". The server is set to shutdown with 5 minutes remaining but hung due to mover. I was wondering if we could have a check box that if shutdown is initiated the mover will finish whatever file it's working with then terminate to allow the server to shutdown when ordered?

My main battery survived the ordeal but my secondary for all the server peripheral like monitor/switch and stuff didn't ;-;

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jerky_san said:

The server is set to shutdown with 5 minutes remaining

Probably wouldn't have helped with this exact problem, but you are using your UPS wrong. It should initiate shutdown after a short power outage. Typical consumer UPS aren't intended to let you continue running on batteries for an extended time. You don't want to run the battery down. Or if you do, then you don't want to start the computer again until you have recharged the UPS.

30 minutes ago, trurl said:

Probably wouldn't have helped with this exact problem, but you are using your UPS wrong. It should initiate shutdown after a short power outage. Typical consumer UPS aren't intended to let you continue running on batteries for an extended time. You don't want to run the battery down. Or if you do, then you don't want to start the computer again until you have recharged the UPS.

I have the largest battery that doesn't require special wiring. The problem comes that 15 minutes is only when the array is running and I'm not physically using the VM that I normally use so my 2990wx. It's set to 5 minutes to give time for a "blip" that we sometimes get. It will last a minute or two. It just happened to be 15 minutes last night cause its the middle of the night and no one is using plex or anything. The 5 minute window will be tripped after 2 minutes or so if I'm using my VM or plex is running with a few transcodes..

Should note the secondary wasn't lost because it was running anything. Literally only thing drawing power from a 1500va battery was a switch. I use it to let me give as much power to the main system. When I tried to turn on my monitor to power off the server it failed. It's a fairly old UPS so guess the battery is just old.

Edited by Jerky_san