Parity check cause Plex network issue?

Considering how long I’ve had Plex server in a docker with mostly no issues at all, I’m afraid to ask a seemingly stupid question. Can running a parity check and trying to stream a movie at 81Mbps or so cause the client to balk due to slow connection? And all direct playing so no load on CPU? And  with 8 cores with u dear 10% utilization? I know damn well my network is fine and Plex should be fine as we watch something almost every night and lately 4K rips. Tonight I had to fallback to a 1080p version at about 30Mbps stream. 

I’ll be honest, I don’t know if I’ve ever tried streaming during a parity check so this might be normal. My parity check takes quite a while for me. Sitting at 21Tb on the array. 

So should I be worried about this and looking for what, I don’t know? 

server version is 6.8.3

8 hours ago, acurcione said:

I’ll be honest, I don’t know if I’ve ever tried streaming during a parity check so this might be normal. My parity check takes quite a while for me. Sitting at 21Tb on the array.

You might want to look into using the Parity Check Tuning plugin so that the check is split into increments that only run outside prime time to minimise the impact on end-users.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, itimpi said:

You might want to look into using the Parity Check Tuning plugin so that the check is split into increments that only run outside prime time to minimise the impact on end-users.

Didn’t know there was such a thing. I’ll install today after testing to make sure I can stream properly again. Thanks. 

8 hours ago, itimpi said:

Things are back to working normally so that was definitely the culprit. Installed that plugin and configured it. Thanks for the tip!

On 4/2/2020 at 1:46 AM, itimpi said:

I'm currently rebuilding parity after replacing a 3 TB with a new 14 TB, this plugin is going to be helpful.