Is my server visable on my network? (solved)

Unraid 6.7.2

Home PC win 10pro version 1809

Laptop Win 10 version 1909

Hi

At some point yesterday my unraid "disappeared" from my network PC and Laptop. At the same time my networked PC and laptop folders were still visible but became empty. I am also unable to see my unraid server on any other devices, 192.168.0.102.

I am currently reading this thread - Windows issues with unRAID - it's a long one!

What I need to establish first to help me problem solve and I am unsure how to do it is this:-

How can I tell if my Unraid server internet connection is actually broken as I cannot see it on my other devices. So can i see somewhere wether the network element is actually functioning.

Secondly when I boot into unraid I am unable to select any of the boot options on the screen i have attached to my server . ie unraid gui. because its set to 3 seconds before it boots and I can’t select it quick enough before the server starts to load up  where do i change that "pause time interval" so I can select unraid with gui?

Background

PC is new - windows installed last week Laptop fresh instal from downloaded copy of 10 last week W/C 23/03/20

Prior to yesterday i could see all my networked drives and folders. None of the computers / drives had shares enabled, it all just worked.

I set my two c drives to share all yesterday afternoon as a result of everything disappearing and the drives became visible and i could connect to them. network folders are still empty. So if I click my network folder on my for my own pc own the same pc its still empty. what is going on?

Thank you

Edited by Userpaul
edit title

@Userpaul Are you able to access the webui of Unraid? If so, post your diagnostics.

Does your server is set to a static IP or does it get one via DHCP from your router? Check your router for the DHCP logs if maybe another device got that IP of your server and the Unraid box maybe got another IP.

18 minutes ago, bastl said:

@Userpaul Are you able to access the webui of Unraid? If so, post your diagnostics.

No

Does your server is set to a static IP _

Static and it was set as master

Ive been trying commands like - tail -f --lines=99 /var/log/syslog etc  on root@tower

not with much success I might add

Edited by Userpaul
poor spelling
40 minutes ago, bastl said:

Please login to your server via a browser and go under tools >>> diagnostics and post the logs so people can better give you support.

I am unable to log into my server via a browser or any of my devices. so when i type 192.168.0.102 or 192.168.0.102/main which is my desktop shortcut - see pictures

I have chaged my cables - reset router the only access i seem to have to my server at the moment is the screen connected directly to the server.

Thanks

985b928bd1.png

wqqTmZnGEr.png

IMG_0067.JPG

Edited by Userpaul
additional info
1 hour ago, bastl said:

@Userpaul Type diagnostic via CLI and post it. I think you should find the file in the logs directory on your Flash Drive.

-bash: diagnostic: command line not found.

after i spent 10 minutes lookup up what CLI  is.  :)

Okay it's diagnostics

thank you bastl

Edited by Userpaul
update

I quickly went through your logs but except from some bad SMART values of one of your drives (500GB Seagate Barracuda, disk 16 sdh ST3500630AS, high read error rate) I can't really tell whats up with your dropped network connection. network config is in place and looks ok to me. I guess you already tried to use another browser, clear browser cache etc. If not, try this. Double check your routers DHCP configuration and make sure the IP of the server is outside of that range so no other device grabs that IP. Check if maybe the router somehow blocks http/https connections to your server.

Maybe @johnnie.black or @trurl can have an eye on this and have an idea what the cause is.

2 hours ago, bastl said:

I guess you already tried to use another browser, clear browser cache etc. If not, try this. Double check your routers DHCP configuration and make sure the IP of the server is outside of that range so no other device grabs that IP. Check if maybe the router somehow blocks http/https connections to your server.

I can't see anything obviously wrong with my router. I reset it back to factory default anyway, still no joy.

56 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Delete/rename network.cfg and network-rules.cfg both on flash/config, then reboot and post new diags to see if you get an IP leased from the router.

Thank you

Please see atached.

tower-diagnostics-20200403-0313.zip

Edited by Userpaul
Bad spelling again

Okay guys I have connected my network cable to my second port eth1 and the router has assigned and address of 192.168.0.22 which is good news. It looks like the other port eth0 is not working? I changed them over when I first had this issue but i did not reboot?  Am I a donut?

So I am going to reinstate the folders I renamed at tee-tee jorge suggestion.

If this pans out okay may I take this opportunity to thank you both for your help.

If one ethernet port goes down is the otherone likley too?

Update

When I reinstalled the two files I could not see my server on 192.168.0.102, removed them and rebooted and all is fine again? Router assigned 192.168.0.22.  As I'm just a home user the server is only switched on for TV, Movies and backups from home-pc etc.  it's a pain if I cant have a fixed IP address

tower-diagnostics-20200403-1024.zip

Edited by Userpaul
Update
8 hours ago, bastl said:

@Userpaul You have a couple options. Set a static DHCP reservation on your router for the lan port you wanna use on your server or as Johnnie adviced remove these two files, reboot and go to settings>>>network and reaply a static IP for the interface you wanna use.

Thank you

Static DHCP set on router rather than unraid box. Windows 10 could not see server on network,

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

seemed to solve that part, not sure why.

Just need to sort out NIC now I think its failing