Per-device temperature threshold

Is there a way to have certain devices, like NVMe drives, use a higher threshold for temperature warnings? 

NVMe can and do run at much hotter temperatures than HDDs.   When I set the threshold to warn me when HDD temps are getting too high, I end up getting constant warnings when my NVMe devices get heavy write activity.

Edited by brainbone
4 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Click on the device and you can set a custom temperature.

Crap.  I see that now for devices under the array.  Unfortunately, some of my NVMe devices are Unassigned Devices.  Doesn't look it's supported there.  Guess this is a question for the Unassigned Devices plugin thread.

Thanks.

Edited by brainbone
  • 1 month later...
On 4/2/2020 at 10:43 AM, trurl said:

You can also set the "global" setting high (Settings - Disk Settings), then set the individual disks lower as needed.

Has anyone come up with a better solution than this?  I'd rather the default settings apply to my array so those settings automatically get applied to new drives.  It's seems like a bit of a hack to use the general settings to apply temperature thresholds to a few unassigned devices.  Currently, I get a warning every time I write something to my NVMe drives 😞

It would be great if we could assign temp thresholds to unassigned devices.