Email/Domain Host Recommendations

unevent

Thanks all.  GSuites a bit much for home use ($6/user if I read it right).  Going with Zoho for the short term even though it is more limited than I had with godaddy hosting.  Free version has 5 users, but with only one having pop/imap access, the others are webmail only.  Upgrade is $1/user to give all pop/imap access paid yearly so $60/year for 5 users which is ridiculous.  Will look into vps and see about rolling my own and if its possible.

To update my search results for email hosting, I have signed on with mxroute for my email needs.  They offer unlimited domains and unlimited email users with their plans.  Pretty good experience so far, have two domains set up with email.  Thanks again to those that replied.

On 4/2/2020 at 2:53 PM, unevent said:

Thanks all.  GSuites a bit much for home use ($6/user if I read it right).  Going with Zoho for the short term even though it is more limited than I had with godaddy hosting.  Free version has 5 users, but with only one having pop/imap access, the others are webmail only.  Upgrade is $1/user to give all pop/imap access paid yearly so $60/year for 5 users which is ridiculous.  Will look into vps and see about rolling my own and if its possible.

I use paid zoho - $36 for 3 primary accounts, each with multiple aliases.  So my home domain, and my family domain are both available to send and receive, my dev related domain, and my 2 app related domains are on a 2nd paid account, all received in the zoho email app on IOS or web client.  Using the zoho email client on my iphone, I can also send from any of my email addresses.  Using the default IOS mail client (really, anything other than the zoho mail app), I can only send from the "main" email address - so far, although I'm still digging into this limitation.

Mxroute looks interesting, but it doesn't actually look like it will save me any money.

I looked at Gsuites, but we don't need the rest of the features because we get Office 365 for free (for now).

Edited by whipdancer
On 4/8/2020 at 3:47 PM, whipdancer said:

I use paid zoho - $36 for 3 primary accounts, each with multiple aliases.  So my home domain, and my family domain are both available to send and receive, my dev related domain, and my 2 app related domains are on a 2nd paid account, all received in the zoho email app on IOS or web client.  Using the zoho email client on my iphone, I can also send from any of my email addresses.  Using the default IOS mail client (really, anything other than the zoho mail app), I can only send from the "main" email address - so far, although I'm still digging into this limitation.

Mxroute looks interesting, but it doesn't actually look like it will save me any money.

I looked at Gsuites, but we don't need the rest of the features because we get Office 365 for free (for now).

Is that per year?  Was not aware Zoho did email aliases, they only list domain aliases in their pricing.  Seems odd since they charge per user, assumed they would want to limit alias capability.  Happy with mxroute so far, got on a lifetime deal for $99.  Unlimited domains and email I assume for as long as they are in business or don't change the plan.  They seem to be small and can be a bit aggressive in locking down abusers so their website wording reflects that.  Other than that, I have a couple domains there with about ten email accounts so far.  Domain DNS configuration would have been a pain as they don't really offer much in the way of instructions, but after setting up with Zoho on a trail basis got it all figured out using their instructions for DKIM, SPF, etc. config.  Edit: Without doing the lifetime promo, their lowest tier is $40/year for 10GB storage and unlimited domains and unlimited email accounts.

Edited by unevent