appdata Folder Permissions

So I am an idiot and I need some help. I was trying to copy an executable JAR file from Windows to my appdata folder to try and create a new server (appdata/minecraft/servers/[server_name] specifically) but I kept getting a permission denied error. After some searching I found someone who said they had a permissions problem solved by running a script that changed permissions for every directory in appdata, so I took a line from the script and modified it to just affect the minecraft directory (chmod -cR ug+rw,ug+X,o-rwx minecraft). It finished running but it didn't change my ability to copy files. Now, however, everything for Minecraft is broken. I cannot connect to or even start servers that were previously working.

I've attached my diagnostics -- don't know if that will help. Is there any way to fix my permissions so that first my existing servers will work again and then second so that I can copy files from Windows without permissions issues? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

tower-diagnostics-20200402-1231.zip

2 minutes ago, Tiller said:

Now, however, everything for Minecraft is broken. I cannot connect to or even start servers that were previously working.

Docker applications may have their own unique requirements for permissions and ownership etc.  Changing them may impact your ability to run the application.  Your mileage may vary on this.

If you've got a backup of the appdata, I'd restore that.

But, your easiest method to have gotten that file to the appdata share would have been to copy it to the flash drive and then move it to the appdata share via the command line

mv /boot/somefile.jar /mnt/user/appdata/minecraft/somefile.jar
chmod +x /mnt/user/appdata/minecraft/somefile.jar