Cache Share Issues

I have noticed my cache drive has stopped working for one share only which is set to 'yes'

There are two issues:

Some files were stuck in the cache drive regardless of the amount of 'move requests'

All new files go to the array and bypass the cache drive

I played around with enabling and disabling the cache setting on the share but no luck

I thought I could fix it by disabling the cache setting on the share and deleting the corresponding top down folder with that share name as the remaining files were few and had little value. The share then changed to the green color indicating no link to the share (seemed good) and then enabled the share to use the cache drive but it did not create the directory expected.

Then when I complete more tests there was no caching, all files to the array and more so the array would no longer stop with the cache drive halting the process until I disabled the cache setting on the share.

I decided to create the top directory myself and test further but it never saves to the cache drive and never makes any sub folders

I then tested this with a new created test share and with a few sub directories everything worked perfectly

At this point I'm thinking the share needs to go but I cannot loose the mountain of data within it and you cannot delete the share without deleting the data. Is there a better way to fix this, thanks in advance.

UNRAID Cache Test Share.png

• JorgeB locked this topic