Assigned main network card to VM now computer wont post.

I thought it was the PCI card, I still think it was but when I started the VM everything froze. No monitor signal or anything so I had to force shutdown and now nothing comes up at all. Fans spin, lights on but nothing  on the monitor and doesn't connect to the network. Thoughts?

So I have an intel board and the status led is just flashing amber. The manual says there are codes to read based off the 8 leds but they are all off, just the main system status led blinking and the manual says nothing about that.

Go back to basics. Do these one at a time, checking to see if it made a difference. Not that it boots and works, just see what it does differently.

Set aside the Unraid USB, don't connect it until the board acts normally.

Reset CMOS, test

Remove RAM, test, reinstall RAM, test

Unplug everything from the motherboard board except CPU, PSU, and front panel LED and switch connections. Yes, fans, mice keyboard, monitor, etc. Test

Start plugging things in one at a time, and test.

Hopefully things will start the work as you plug stuff back in, and obviously if just resetting the CMOS or reseating the RAM works you don't need to progress.

If the board doesn't give a bad RAM code when you have everything including the RAM unplugged, then it's got to be a bad PSU, CPU or motherboard, probably not the CPU.

I spent all day, nothing worked. I had it on my desk with a single cpu, one stick of ram and I got the same thing, blinking amber light no post. I tried every possible thing I could find online, nothing changed anything and since this is old there is no support. What's confusing is why, when I tried to start the VM after adding the networking card did it happen? My only thought is any restart and this would have happened it just happened to be the network card change that caused the restart, I cut my loses and ran out and purchased new hardware and I'm back up and running. Not ideal, $600/later and a rush job so I couldn't do research but I'm happy how unraid performed basically swapping all the major components. I'll try a couple more times with the old hardware while it's on my bench and then in the recycle it goes.