(Solved)User perm issues after moving from Win10 to Fedora 31

SOLVED?: No clue how I fixed it but I did so its all good.😕 I can move and delete freely from my fedora machine just wish i knew why or what i even did

I just moved my main pc over to Fedora 31 loving it so far but having some issues accessing my media on my unraid server. I'm unsure if i need the smb shares enabled anymore as I doubt use windows now. It seems I can add new files (only tried 1) but can't delete anything.
Things i've tried
1 adding the user
2 setting it up with read/write
3 Tools > Fix perms

I've attached a pic and my logs/ diagnostics.
Thanks in advance!!

unraiderror.png

gizbo-diagnostics-20200404-0928.zip gizbo-syslog-20200404-1429.zip

Edited by Gizo
2 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

How are your trying to access the files on the server?  Are you using NFS or SMB? 

I suspect your problems are not with the Unraid server but with the Fedora PC.

I believe I'm using NFS though I have both enabled on the server itself. I also have the user set to allow both NFS and SMB under Users and under Shares.

unraid2.png.59042196fc923221889b892a1cc81d6f.png

I am not using Linux in a PC setting.  What I would like to suggest is that you modify your first post to indicate the Linux distribution (Fedora) that you are using in the title of this thread.  Hopfully, Someone will jump in and provide some assistance.

OF course, you can always try SMB as there are lot more people familiar with its use than NFS.  (I am under the impression that SMB is now generally preferred in the Linux world over NFS because of SMB pervasive presence in the networking world.)

Edited by Frank1940
1 hour ago, Frank1940 said:

I am not using Linux in a PC setting.  What I would like to suggest is that you modify your first post to indicate the Linux distribution (Fedora) that you are using in the title of this thread.  Hopfully, Someone will jump in and provide some assistance.

OF course, you can always try SMB as there are lot more people familiar with its use than NFS.  (I am under the impression that SMB is now generally preferred in the Linux world over NFS because of SMB pervasive presence in the networking world.)

Can't seem to connect with just SMB enabled, just tried. It only shows the remote login server, which I tried login into. It just say unable to access location and I no longer get the password prompt. I enabled NFS and able to copy to and from but can't delete. Which I suppose I could more then likely use krusader for deletion. Less convenient though :(

Why don't you see what happens if you create a Share that is 'Public' and not 'Private'?   This would be to see what happens when we are not adding the confusion of being denied  access because of 'credentials issue' (bad user_name/password) or some problem.  (By the way, root is not allowed as a user to access SMB shares.  I am not sure about NFS shares.)

1 hour ago, Frank1940 said:

Why don't you see what happens if you create a Share that is 'Public' and not 'Private'?   This would be to see what happens when we are not adding the confusion of being denied  access because of 'credentials issue' (bad user_name/password) or some problem.  (By the way, root is not allowed as a user to access SMB shares.  I am not sure about NFS shares.)

Made a test share that's public using SMB. I copied over a random document and I can delete that, even though the perms could not be determined

Edit: So my user that I want to be able to delete things should be "guest" that last part has be a bit confused

TestPublic.png

Testpublic2.png

Edited by Gizo
12 hours ago, Gizo said:

Made a test share that's public using SMB. I copied over a random document and I can delete that, even though the perms could not be determined

Edit: So my user that I want to be able to delete things should be "guest" that last part has be a bit confused

Why do you need to know the permissions of the files on the Unraid server?   Unraid should be controlling the type/extent of access to the files in Shares when you are using either NFS or SMB.   And those permissions don't make a lot of sense from the standard Linux OS permissions perspective. 

If there is a access issue to files on the server from your PC, the file/directory permissions on the server will often be checked-- to make sure some Linux process (running on the Unraid server) has not screwed things up!  But you have to do that more from the command line running as   root   than directly from a file manager on a PC.  (That is because the Unraid Share service layer is hiding them from you.)

You made the change from Win10 to Fedora.  (I assume fairly recently.)  Did you actually read whatever Documentation that they have provided on networking?  Hopefully, it will contain the answers you are looking for and give you some inside into how the underlying things work.  You may have found some 'gotcha' in Fedora.  (With Win10 and SMB, the Collective has figured things pretty well out.  Most of the 'gotchas'-- and their workarounds--  are now known...)

PS--- By the way, Windows has a 'service' where it will automatically log you onto a server.  (That can cause all manner of problems.)  Windows also limits you to a single connection/login to SMB on a server.  These are often the types of things you have to be looking for...