HELP parity sync errors

so two days ago my power went out for a few hours and when it came back on, i was at work and unraid automatically booted back up and did a new parity check, when the check was done it said i had 2011 errors, i thought maybe it was writing to the parity when the power outage happened so i cleared all logs and did another parity sync.. sadly im still getting 2011 errors... can anyone help me identify what is causing this? bad parity drive? any help would be awesome, i attached the diag.

poseidon-diagnostics-20200404-1004.zip

No, you can do one if you want to confirm all is good, but it would be fine to wait for the next scheduled check.

Next time, if an unclean shutdown happens and sync errors are detected, and there are usually a few errors right in the beginning, you can cancel the auto check and start a correcting one.

i guess im confused, why wouldnt it of fixed the errors on the first correct check? sorry just trying to make sense of how this actually works, you would think if a unclean check caused this, after running one clean check the errors would of been fixed.. 

EDIT* are you basically saying the first correct check was obsolete?

Edited by Lassley7
4 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

1st check was the auto check, that one is non correct.

2nd check, done by you was correct, all errors were corrected.

Clear now?

then why are the errors still showing? sorry if im not making sense of this, but maybe i worded things wrong? the errors are still there same amount as the unclean check [2011] errors 

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Edited by Lassley7
Just now, Lassley7 said:

then why are the errors still showing? sorry if im not making sense of this, but maybe i worded things wrong? the errors are still there same amount as the unclean check [2011] errors 

Yes - the second check is reporting how many parity errors it has corrected.   It is a GOOD sign that the number was the same as was reported by the non-correcting check.    You could it your really want to now run another non-correcting check to prove the count is now zero but that is not really necessary.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, johnnie.black said:

First check detected 2011 sync errors.

Second check fixed those 2011 sync errors.

so unraid doesnt remove the errros after the first correct check? is this for diag reasons? you would think they would implement a way of telling you they were fixed? or does it and im just not seeing this? just want to save this conversation from happening again if its not needed lol 

3 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Yes - the second check is reporting how many parity errors it has corrected.   It is a GOOD sign that the number was the same as was reported by the non-correcting check.    You could it your really want to now run another non-correcting check to prove the count is now zero but that is not really necessary.

i feel that unraid should implement away for the user to know this difference? why keep the errors there? or at least say "2011 errors corrected" not detected  

1 minute ago, Lassley7 said:

so unraid doesnt remove the errros after the first correct check?

No because it's letting you know that it found those errors, I guess there could be an extra field to say correct or non correct, or for example:

1st one would say 2011 errors found

2nd one could say 2011 errors corrected

You can ask for that as a feature request, though maybe there is already a similar one.

• Like 1
Just now, johnnie.black said:

No because it's letting you know that it found those errors, I guess there could be an extra field to say correct or non correct, or for example:

1st one would say 2011 errors found

2nd one could say 2011 errors corrected

You can ask for that as a feature request, though maybe there is already a similar one.

did you know this was the case by looking in the diag? if so i think it should for sure be a feature for the consumer...

1 minute ago, Lassley7 said:

did you know this was the case by looking in the diag?

Yes, by the type of check logged, also by the way it reports the errors found (incorrect vs corrected).

Non correct:

Apr  3 00:03:50 Poseidon kernel: mdcmd (42): check nocorrect
Apr  3 01:27:24 Poseidon kernel: md: recovery thread: P incorrect, sector=923136256

Correct:

Apr  3 13:16:02 Poseidon kernel: mdcmd (43): check correct
Apr  3 14:12:54 Poseidon kernel: md: recovery thread: P corrected, sector=923136400

• Thanks 1