[SOLVED] Unable to boot Unraid on Asus Prime X570-Pro

Hello all

I upgraded my setup and installed a Asus Prime X570-Pro with a Ryzen 9 3900X. I updated the Bios to the latest version but when I try to boot of Unraid again from USB, it doesn't boot, the boot options only recognizes the UEFI partition of the USB and even after disabling secure but in Bios, that's the only option from USB that I can see.

What am I missing or doing wrong? Can anyone assist. Btw,  I've only been using Unraid for about 3 weeks. 

Thanks in advance.

15860558958844062028331432585071.jpg

18 minutes ago, Kaos809 said:

Hello all

I upgraded my setup and installed a Asus Prime X570-Pro with a Ryzen 9 3900X. I updated the Bios to the latest version but when I try to boot of Unraid again from USB, it doesn't boot, the boot options only recognizes the UEFI partition of the USB and even after disabling secure but in Bios, that's the only option from USB that I can see.

What am I missing or doing wrong? Can anyone assist. Btw,  I've only been using Unraid for about 3 weeks. 

Thanks in advance.

15860558958844062028331432585071.jpg

Have you tried modifying the unRAID USB drive so it boots UEFI?

Rename the EFI- folder on the flash drive to EFI (no trailing '-') if you have not already done so.

On 4/4/2020 at 11:28 PM, Hoopster said:

Rename the EFI- folder on the flash drive to EFI (no trailing '-') if you have not already done so.

Thnx for the advice, i was able to make some other changes and it booted.

• 3 weeks later...

I turned off fast boot, removed boot keys, enabled legacy boot. Changed the boot order and disabled all other drives from the list. 

As for what specifically did it, I really dont know but it booted.

Edit:
I think I figured out what it caused my issue. I was leaving only the UNRAID USB drive alone as an option to boot from and "disabled" all other options/drives. Seems the BIOS dont like that, once I added another option (used one of the other drives that has no OS in) but left the boot order to boot the UNRAID first, it booted fine.

Edited by Kaos809
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Unable to boot Unraid on Asus Prime X570-Pro
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/4/2020 at 9:28 PM, Hoopster said:

Could not get my MSI X570-A Pro to boot for anything, tried various USB drives for two days now. No luck. Then I found your recommendation "Rename the EFI- folder on the flash drive to EFI" and works like a charm! 

Thank you Hoopster!

• 1 year later...