Wrong/Missing Devices

Hi Folks,

I had to rebuild my server with different hardware because my old MB crapped out. In any case, it seemed to have started fine but my devices showed up as missing, and when I tried to add them into the correct slot it showed up as wrong (it was not). I read another thread about this issue and went with the advice of doing a "New Config" and "Retain All". That seemed to have worked as all disks showed up correctly and array working.

After that I had to restart the server and upon restart the same problem appeared, so I did the "New Config" again with "Retain All" but this time all devices showed up as unassigned? I'm kind of stuck now as I have no idea what the correct device order was/is/should be. What should I do at this point? Is there a log or history somewhere I can look up the correct device order?

Help is greatly appreciated.

20200404_222949.jpg

20200404_223002.jpg

Edited by GENINC

So while running the parity check, a bunch of read errors started to pop up on several devices. Does this mean my drives are toast or should I look for a hw problem at this point? I will let the parity check finish first. Log attached.

aja-diagnostics-20200405-2039.zip

Edit: Should I cancel the parity check? There are a lot of sync corrections, and I am not sure if that's related to the previous issue or the read errors.

Edited by GENINC

Disks look fine, and the errors happened on all five disks at the same time, which virtually rules out a disk problem, check all connections especially anything shared by those disks, like power cable, backplane region, etc, could also be a PSU issue, unlikely to be controller related since they are using two different controllers.

I replaced a power cable and all is back to normal. Thanks a lot guys, really appreciated the help. One last question, is it prudent to run another parity check after this?

Oh and one last question, I have added a second SSD for the cache drive. It does say it is part of the cache pool but it still only showing 500gb total. It's probably something silly, sorry.20200406_193845.thumb.jpg.855dbef6c2a03d0dbd701d737d543101.jpg

Cheers GENINC

6 hours ago, GENINC said:

One last question, is it prudent to run another parity check after this?

It's fine, but always run a non correcting check (unless sync errors are expected).

6 hours ago, GENINC said:

Oh and one last question, I have added a second SSD for the cache drive. It does say it is part of the cache pool but it still only showing 500gb total. It's probably something silly, sorry.

Default profile is RAID1, so usable space will be the same, but it can be changed.