Custom Terminal Menu on Boot

Hello Brainstrust,

I have developed a basic terminal menu written with bash to start VMs. 

Can anyone tell me how I can get Unraid to load the script in tty1 on bootup without loggin in?

I used a version of it with proxmox and was able to get to work by following the info found on this page:

https://raymii.org/s/tutorials/Run_software_on_tty1_console_instead_of_login_getty.html

But since this is loading from a USB, I am not sure how to do the same thing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Since the array drives and many other unraid assets are not available unti the array is started, I don't think this will work with unraid.

You can already set the array to autostart, and vm's to start with the array without logging in, so I don't see what you would be gaining.

Hi Jonathanm,

Thanks for the really quick reply.

I run two vm's fairly regularly. One Windows and one Linux. Being able to quickly press a number on the menu to show status and start or stop a vm without logging in and typing code is really nice for me. 

My main screen for the terminal is only 8 inches and sits behind the glass panel on the side of my pc case. 

Would it be possible to run a script to call this one from the user scripts plugin? I have tried a few scripts but it doesnt like allowing input from the keyboard

**edit: And I also have people not capable of using the terminal using the system so it has to be easy.

Edited by Ferret