No IP Address after upgrading from 6.6.7

Hello Unraid community. I need some assistance in getting my server up and running again. I've been running 6.6.7 since it came out and it has been amazingly stable. I decided to upgrade to the latest version since some of the community tools require me to upgrade the OS before I can upgrade the tools. The upgrade seems to go well, and I see no errors once it decompresses the downloaded files. I reboot the server when it tells me to and that's where I run into the problem. I am unable to access the server after the reboot. After going to the console I see that I'm pulling an APIPA address. I ran the diagnostics tool and I see the following error in the syslog.

Apr  5 21:32:30 Dagobah kernel: alx 0000:04:00.0 eth0: fatal interrupt 0x200, resetting
Apr  5 21:32:30 Dagobah kernel: alx 0000:04:00.0 eth0: NIC Up: 1 Gbps Full

I'm not really sure what's causing the issue. I've reverted back to 6.6.7 by copying my bz* files back to the root and everything works just fine. I've attached my syslog file in hopes that one of you fine individuals can lend some assistance. If there's anything else that you need me to provide please let me know. Thank you.

syslog.txt

Well, I tried the current 6.9 beta and still doesn't pull an IP address. I checked the syslog however and I am no longer getting the fatal interrupt. So, I guess that's an improvement, but still leaves me with a non-working server unless I downgrade. I've attached the diagnositcs.zip file from the 6.9 attempt. 

This system has an AMD FX-8350 CPU with a Gigabyte motherboard. I believe this MB has a Killer NIC in it, which may explain why it could be a driver issue. Is there some way I could add the driver to my flash drive so that the OS loads it during the boot process.........assuming the consensus is that it's a driver issue?

dagobah-diagnostics-20200406-2118.zip

Still on 6.9. There doesn't appear to be a network.cfg file.  I checked the /boot/config folder where it should be, but it's not. Only thing there is an SSH folder and a Wireguard folder, and a machine-id file. Should I be looking somewhere else? I tried launching in GUI mode and it can't pull up the web interface from the localhost. Now that I think of it, I was able to go directly into root via CLI without putting in my password. Very strange.

Any other suggestions?

18 minutes ago, Ba'Stos said:

There doesn't appear to be a network.cfg file.  I checked the /boot/config folder where it should be, but it's not. Only thing there is an SSH folder and a Wireguard folder, and a machine-id file.

There should be a lot more than that in config, including your license .key file.

This suggests that your flash drive has disconnected or is corrupt.

Post new diagnostics.

So I restored to 6.6.7 again and made sure everything was running properly. After that I performed the upgrade to 6.9-beta with the same result of no IP address. Initially there wasn't a network.cfg file, took screen shots and everything, then shutdown and tried to run 6.8.3 on a different flash drive and it also didn't work. I then put my original flash drive back in, this time in a USB 2.0 port, and still no IP address, but now I do have all of the other files in /boot/config to include the network.cfg file (very strange). I renamed the file and rebooted.....no difference. Created a new network.cfg file to statically configure the IP address. The IP was assigned but no network connectivity. I then copied the network.cfg file from the working 6.6.7 version and it also didn't work. 

Since I tried a new flash drive with a fresh 6.8.3 install and had the same outcome, I believe that rules out a defective flash drive.

I've attached a couple diagnostic files: 

1 is from the working 6.6.7 just after I downloaded the upgrade.

Another is from the fresh install on 6.8.3 on a different flash drive

Last one is from 6.9-beta

I'm guessing this may have something to do with the Killer NIC on the Gigabyte motherboard. Possibly the drivers were in the 4.x kernel used in 6.6.7 and then removed from the 5.x kernel in later releases? Unfortunately I don't have a spare NIC to throw in right now to test that theory, so I'll have to order one. Unless, that is, someone sees something in the logs that points to something else.

Thanks again for everyone's assistance. I've been meaning to do this upgrade for a while but haven't had the time until the country I'm in put a 24/7 curfew in place for the area I live in. 😷

dagobah-diagnostics-20200407-1725 (6.9-beta).zip tower-diagnostics-20200407-0640 (6.8.3 new USB).zip dagobah-diagnostics-20200407-1552 (6.6.7 pre-upgrade reboot).zip

14 minutes ago, Ba'Stos said:

Possibly the drivers were in the 4.x kernel used in 6.6.7 and then removed from the 5.x kernel in later releases?

The drivers are still there, and on v6.9 they load correctly without any errors, it just doesn't get an IP address, but if it works with v6.6 it suggests it's not just a NIC/connection problem, IMHO best bet would to get a different NIC, Intel preferred.