parity check guide from unraid team?

Hey team,

I had two back to back unclean shutdowns recently and I'm in the process of running parity check.  @58% it's found 3126 errors.  I suspect this may have been from the 2 unclean shutdowns.

All drives in the array are not reporting any errors and when it completes I assume all parity related errors will be fixed.  What guidance is available here from the unraid team?  I just shucked a new 12tb drive yesterday with the intention of growing parity drive ceiling but it's not in the unraid server yet.

Edited by repomanz
31 minutes ago, repomanz said:

assume

We all know what "assume" actually stands for ;) 

The only way to really know if your parity issues are fixed is to run a non-correcting parity check after it's done.  If it comes back as zero, then you're good.  If not, then you've got hardware issues somewhere along the line.  

i forced the parity check as I knew i had some unclean shutdowns AND I am planning on swaping the parity drive with a larger one. It went through that parity check, after finding 3126 errors said 'parity is valid'.  I am running it again to ensure no errors found on the 2nd forced check.