I'm really not sure how to fix this

isn't one of the best thing about unraid is that you can restart the system without losing any data?

Can't you just backup you activation file, make a fresh usb, active unraid and just put every disk back to the exact position on array and hit start?

14 hours ago, Hugo.X said:

isn't one of the best thing about unraid is that you can restart the system without losing any data?

Can't you just backup you activation file, make a fresh usb, active unraid and just put every disk back to the exact position on array and hit start?

and I've considered that, and i got a feeling that might be the best option, i just really dont want to screw anything up or lose anything.

51 minutes ago, Mr. Traxson said:

and I've considered that, and i got a feeling that might be the best option, i just really dont want to screw anything up or lose anything.

Just for reference, here is what I did on the weekend.

I had disk1 (1T hdd), disk2 (2T hdd) and cache (128G ssd) before. I pluged in disk3 (3T) as unassigned disk and moved everything from disk1 to disk3 by Krusader. Then I forced whatevery left (docker image and domins and something in system folder) into cache disk. At last I just replace disk1 by disk3 and reconfig the array, and I've got everything back without losing anything.

And why I did it. Just because I was trying PVE and unRaid then I found an old 1T disk, so I was using it to test the system. After I finished everything I just think, I don't really need the 3T hdd for my desktop anymore cuz I move everything to unRaid as NAS. So I just found a way to repalce the 1T hdd for the 3T hdd.

So I think whatever you install into unRaid, like vms and dockers and plugins are storaged in disks and cache. Only settings are storaged in flash, whcih means you may have to set someting like passthrough, network etc, again. But you won't lose any valuable data.