How to Change Docker Icon?

I have several Docker containers installed from CA and I was hoping to apply my own icon/image to them to distinguish separate installs, etc. I've looked online (here, reddit, etc) and I just see outdated or unclear information. Mind you only the initial container was installed from CA; the subsequent containers were setup from the first one's template in the dropdown.

When I change the icon URL for (what I believe to be) APP1, nothing happens.

When I change the URL for APP2, it successfully updated, but APP1 is also updated but showing the wrong image (APP2).

First off, I've ensured I'm not using cached browser images when testing the changes. Second, it's possible that the base/root container is actually APP2 but I don't think that's the case.

So simply put: how do I effectively change a docker container's image when there are multiple of that container/template configured and running?

Edit: I've also restarted the server; the image/icon for APP2 still appears for both containers unfortunately.

Edited by seventhaxis

Tested it again by changing APP2's icon URL and it once again updated the icon for APP1. Is there no way to individually set a container's icon? Is there a plugin or something that makes this possible?

But, to really elaborate, 6.8+ should have no problems with changing any container's icon.  However if you have multiple containers of the same app installed, they will all share the same icon.  Unless you tag them differently (ie: linuxserver/nzbget:latest and linuxserver/nzbget:whatEverValidTagThereIs)  then they will use different icons.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

What unraid version are you using

51 minutes ago, Squid said:

But, to really elaborate, 6.8+ should have no problems with changing any container's icon.  However if you have multiple containers of the same app installed, they will all share the same icon.  Unless you tag them differently (ie: linuxserver/nzbget:latest and linuxserver/nzbget:whatEverValidTagThereIs)  then they will use different icons.

I'll have to look this up. In case I can't find the info -- how do I tag things differently? Is there anyway to update the tag after the container is created?

@Squid and others: I am unable to find anything related to changing a container's tag. Could you explain this process? Is this required when setting up the container or can it be done after the container is created?

So from what I've discovered, I guess I would have to host my own repo (which I have no clue how to do) in order to rehost these containers and add separate tags.

Is there currently a feature request to have each container honor the Icon URL field within the container itself (if provided), falling back to the image provided by the container image itself otherwise? It's a good QoL thing to be able to separate parallel installs.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

I think you're way over thinking it.

Hah, you don't even know how true this is for me.

We're talking about the MinecraftBasicServer by ich777 on CA. And by the way, I appreciate your responses on this for sure!