Accidently Reduced VM Size to 800B -Help!

My VM was unable to boot at first do to Cache drives not moving.  My Intentions was to Change the size of the VM https://screencast.com/t/fT6TKn43n from 9XXG to 1T - However I pressed 'Enter' before adding the 'T', reducing the size of the VM to '800B'.

I do have some very important work on that VM - Can I recover the VM at all?

I checked the Array and found only one backup but it's '350G' smaller than the 9XXG ( I know the full 9XXG was not used in the Win VM) I had originally.

As mentioned earlier, my Cache Drives didn't seem to be moving so I have doubts about the backup on the array being a recent backup.

I don't have parity setup RN.

Any Advice?

Thanks!

Edited by Tallon

Parity wouldn't have helped, it tracks changes in realtime, and also only operates on array, not cache.

I would make a copy of the backup to a different location and see if it contains your work.

Whether or not it's even possible to attempt a recovery on the current shrunken vdisk file is unknown, you haven't posted nearly enough info about the current state of the file systems, the disks involved, etc.

Attaching the diagnostics zip file to your next post and the path of the vdisk file would be a good start.