Screwed up and removed too many cache drives....

Was preparing to replace some cache drives and was removing them 1 by 1 and rebalancing.  Everything was going fine until I accidentally removed 1 too many and my cache would no longer mount (missing disks.)  I figured I could just add a cache drive back and it should rebalance -- but I don't know if I readded the correct one because it never was able to verify again.

The last time it spun up successfuly in Unraid there were 4 drives (out of 8 available.)  When I removed the #4 is when the problems started.

Running btrfs scan shows me an array of (4) drives but that states there is a missing drive.  

I can mount that pool and run a scrub and it doesn't find any errors but it seems like certain files are unavailable.

Any other ideas of what I can try?

1 hour ago, johnnie.black said:

Pool mounted correctly and it's deleting the missing device, since currently it's a redundant pool with a single device missing all data should be there, and I'm not seeing any fs errors/issues.

Yes, the unraid GUI isn't throwing any errors but my appdata is all out of whack and my dockers are mostly broken.  Also all of my user shares have disappeared.  I do have backups for my appdata but was hoping I could re-add that missing device.  I did run a scrub after reading in the btrfs docs that it should be harmless (although now I'm worried I may have caused more harm?)

At one point I issued a command that showed me the UUID of the missing device (and it matched one of my removed devices.)  I can't remember how I did that but it still seems like those drives should have my data it's just that there is no way that I can see to mount them or re-add them to the pool non-destructively?

Everything looks normal, except it still balancing the pool to remove the missing disk, make sure it finishes.

15 minutes ago, Fffrank said:

but my appdata and dockers are still hosed.

What does hosed mean? All can I can see in the logs is if the docker service is starting correctly, and it apparently it is.

1 hour ago, johnnie.black said:

What does hosed mean? All can I can see in the logs is if the docker service is starting correctly, and it apparently it is.

It seemed like my apps didn't load their previous configurations -- they are either running as if it's the first time and are initiating setups or they are throwing errors all over the place.

Balance is done -- I guess I'll restore my previous appdata and hope that's all that was effected?  

Edited by Fffrank

Alright I see now that those were because my docker image was full (or the cache drive was full.)  Is that possible when I have 50gb free?

Moved some things out of cache, deleted and re-added my docker and again restored my backup. Things are working much better now.  Still a few issues but I feel like I'm getting back to normal.