dsmith44

[Support] Tailscale Support Thread

28 posts in this topic Last Reply

On 5/19/2020 at 7:22 PM, fserb said:

I'm pretty sure there's an issue with Tailscale's iptables rules and Unraid's docker iptables.

I've also tried using tailscale tip of tree, but no success there either.

Someone who understands Unraid iptables better would have an easier time with this.

dsmith, I have a suggestion for your docker-entrypoint.sh. Replace the bottom lines with:

(sleep 10; tailscape up) &

exec tailscaled --state=/state/tailscaled.state

it's much nicer than your current while loop. ;)

I don't know what people have against the poor venerable while loop 😎, but I have changed to use a 'sleep infinity' instead which is slightly cleaner.

Whilst your method will work, and is elegant, it's less 'obvious' about ordering, so I think I'll leave that alone.

Question... not sure if this is the right place to ask this. 

I have 2 Ethernet ports on my server. 
Eth1 is 10.0.0.8 (local traffic)

Eth2 is running 10.1.0.5 (internet)

do you know a way I can use TailScale to work on Eth 2, but access docker containers I have on Eth1 network? 

I am trying to use InfluxDB to receive info from different endpoints through port 8086 on Eth1, but run Tailscale through the internet on Eth2 and allow port 8086 on Eth1.

This is kinda what I am aiming for: 

DXuhlCy.png

Edited by ghulican

5 hours ago, ghulican said:

Question... not sure if this is the right place to ask this. 

I have 2 Ethernet ports on my server. 
Eth1 is 10.0.0.8 (local traffic)

Eth2 is running 10.1.0.5 (internet)

do you know a way I can use TailScale to work on Eth 2, but access docker containers I have on Eth1 network? 

I am trying to use InfluxDB to receive info from different endpoints through port 8086 on Eth1, but run Tailscale through the internet on Eth2 and allow port 8086 on Eth1.

This is kinda what I am aiming for: 

DXuhlCy.png

If the influx container is only listening on the ETH1 ip address, bridge mode, then I'm afraid this container probably isn't going to work for you.

This will only allow you to access containers that listen on the tailscale interface ip address itself, not eth1, eth2 or any other interfaces. It is not providing a gateway to 'other networks' just exposing the Unraid server itself to tailscale.'other networks' in this context means absolutely anything that isn't the IP address of the tailscale interface.

If you can make influxDB also bind to the tailscale interface then it will work.

I'm not keen on trying to turn this into a VPN gateway solution, nor am I sure that's even possible with a docker container rather than a plugin.