passthrough graphic card and chipset ?

Hi,

I just ordered a ryzen 3950x to make an unraid server with a vm "gaming" on which I want to have a passthrough but I saw that if we dedicate a grpahique card to a vm we had to have a second for unraid so I would like to know if it is possible instead of buying a 2nd card which will consume more energy (the energy consumption is very important for me) can we dedicate the graphics chipset of the motherboard to unraid ?

thank you for your help and your response.

You don't "have to" have a graphic card for Unraid to boot with, at least not in all cases. It very much depends on the graphic card you plan to pass through to the VM.

Some can be passed through as a primary / only GPU (e.g. I'm current running my GTX 1070 as the only GPU in the system and it's passed through to my main workstation VM).

Some won't work as pass through if Unraid boots with it (e.g. RX 580).

In terms of your other question, which chipset are you talking about? As far as I know 3950X doesn't come with an integrated GPU and none of the consumer mobo has integrated graphics. It's mobo hardware and bios firmware combination dependency.