Planning re-cabling of all HDDs and SSDs

Hi all

I am planning to throw out 1 Marvell controller and putting in a nice and shiny LSI controller.

Doing this I want to switch over 4 HDDs from mainboard SATA2 connectors to SATA3 connectors on the LSI controller.

I will do a complete rewiring of all HDDs and SSDs with new shielded cables with better connectors.

Now the questions:

Is it crucial to keep the drives connected to the same connectors on the mainboard as before?

Will I run into problems with the unRAID array when switching drives from the board to the controller, or when switching drives to different connectors on the mainboard?

When doing this I suppose that the drives will still have the same drive serial numbers / IDs, but the Linux device names will definitely change?

Will unRAID become confused?

Will I have to do manual re-assignments?

What information would I need to take notes of before re-wiring and map properly after re-wiring?

Looking forward to your insights!

b0

5 minutes ago, b0m541 said:

Is it crucial to keep the drives connected to the same connectors on the mainboard as before?

No.

5 minutes ago, b0m541 said:

Will I run into problems with the unRAID array when switching drives from the board to the controller, or when switching drives to different connectors on the mainboard?

No (assuming the LSI is not a RAID controller)

6 minutes ago, b0m541 said:

When doing this I suppose that the drives will still have the same drive serial numbers / IDs, but the Linux device names will definitely change?

Device names can change but don't matter for Unraid.