Some help needed below please.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cloud (Internet)
 |
HW Router (192.168.1.1)

(all on SM 255.255.255.0)
 |

Unraid (192.168.1.5)

(all VM's are piggy backing to "virbr0" for NIC access. "virbr0" is set to 192.168.122.*/24)

|

pfSense Firewall (192.168.2.1 fixed IP)
         |
          ___ Windows Srv 2008 Domain Controller 1 (192.168.2.10 fixed IP / DHCP active on Server)
          ___ Windows Srv 2008 Domain Controller 2 (192.168.2.12 fixed IP)

|

___ Linux 20.04 (DHCP assisgned but picking up IP address 192.168.122.127)

______ Note: oopsie, this VM shouldn't be picking up an IP of 192.168.122.127, it should be picking up the DHCP scope from my Domain Controller.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the Domain Controllers and pfSense can ping the internet.

Unraid can get on to the internet and ping the internet, but the Domain Controllers cannot browse the internet.

Can run any diagnostics needed via KVM access through each of the associated VM's.

Will admins / anyone else willing to assist, please let me know if I need to send in diagnostics log to assess to try and fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE: Have included diagnostic logs as anonymized them for general public usage.

Many thanks

Kind regards

vm-unraid-bios-diagnostics-20200410-1500.zip

Edited by Andrew Clarke

I don't think its a config problem guys. I think its a problem with the way that UnRaid handles its networking traffic, which is why it needs a closer eye from DEV's possibly. Its should be passing traffic over IP between the hosts, but I don't think that's occuring correctly.

Hope someone can point this out for me so I can take it further and resolve.

Edited by Andrew Clarke

quick questions. how is your linux VM connected to your pfsense router VM? over the vibr0 bridge?

if so, you are running two DHCP servers (KVM has its own on vibr0, while pfsense has another if you enabled it.) and it will be a toss up of which gets picked.

what you should do is define a guest only bridge.

I haven't used this in a while, so not sure if I'm missing some steps.

Create a file /tmp/gbr.xml

<network>
  <name>guest-bridge</name>
  <bridge name="vmbr0" />
</network>

Run the commands

virsh net-create /tmp/gbr.xml
virsh net-autostart guest-bridge

You should then be able to link your VMs to this guest bridge and use the pfsense as the router (dhcp and gateway).

(However, the gui for VMs will not show the new bridge unless a physical network port is added.)

See here too:

Edited by ken-ji