**VIDEO GUIDE How to route any container through the network of another (VPN)

1 hour ago, jonathanm said:

Has this been resolved?

I have not resolved this yet, but I really appreciate you checking in.

I triple-checked the settings and posted screenshots. After doing some research, I found that others were having this problem specifically when routing through deluge. Attempting to connect through "192.168.0.22:8080"

image.png

deluge config.jpg

5 minutes ago, starwak3 said:

I have not resolved this yet, but I really appreciate you checking in.

I triple-checked the settings and posted screenshots. After doing some research, I found that others were having this problem specifically when routing through deluge. Attempting to connect through "192.168.0.22:8080"

image.png

deluge config.jpg

That would appear to be the settings for the youtube container. You need to add the port to deluge.

5 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

That would appear to be the settings for the youtube container. You need to add the port to deluge.

that's correct. I posted a screenshot of the added port in deluge as well, but the post strangely only shows it if you open the 1st screenshot and navigate to the right ">"

regardless I'll put it here as well

deluge config.jpg

2 hours ago, jonathanm said:

please post the docker run command for both the youtube and deluge containers.

big thx for pointing me there - I'll take a look at FAQs more next time!

youtube-dl-server run command: 

"

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='youtube-dl-server' -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -v '/mnt/user/Duluth/':'/youtube-dl':'rw' --net=container:binhex-delugevpn 'kmb32123/youtube-dl-server'

"

binhex-delugevpn run command (vpn_user/vpn_pass and names_servers redacted):

"

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-delugevpn' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VPN_ENABLED'='yes' -e 'VPN_USER'='[...]' -e 'VPN_PASS'='[...]' -e 'VPN_PROV'='pia' -e 'VPN_CLIENT'='openvpn' -e 'VPN_OPTIONS'='' -e 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD'='yes' -e 'ENABLE_PRIVOXY'='yes' -e 'LAN_NETWORK'='192.168.1.0/24' -e 'NAME_SERVERS'='[...]' -e 'DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL'='info' -e 'DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL'='info' -e 'ADDITIONAL_PORTS'='' -e 'DEBUG'='false' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '8112:8112/tcp' -p '58846:58846/tcp' -p '58946:58946/tcp' -p '58946:58946/udp' -p '8118:8118/tcp' -p '8080:8080/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/downloads/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn':'/config':'rw' --sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1" 'binhex/arch-delugevpn'
"

43 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Your LAN Network is wrong.

I tried taking your suggestion changing deluge's LAN_NETWORK and using that address with the port added at the end to access webui. no luck.

In spaceinvaderone's video, his local server IP and LAN_NETWORK within deluge differ similarly to the way that mine do.

his server IP: 10.10.20.199 (mine: 192.168.0.22)

deluge LAN_NETWORK: 10.10.20.0/24 (mine: 192.168.1.0/24)

he enters 10.10.20.199:port and webui loads properly

please let me know if I've missed something here. I'd love to be wrong

40 minutes ago, starwak3 said:

I tried taking your suggestion changing deluge's LAN_NETWORK and using that address with the port added at the end to access webui. no luck.

In spaceinvaderone's video, his local server IP and LAN_NETWORK within deluge differ similarly to the way that mine do.

his server IP: 10.10.20.199 (mine: 192.168.0.22)

deluge LAN_NETWORK: 10.10.20.0/24 (mine: 192.168.1.0/24)

he enters 10.10.20.199:port and webui loads properly

please let me know if I've missed something here. I'd love to be wrong

Change your lan network variable to 192.168.0.0/24 and use 192.168.0.22:8080 to connect.

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Change your lan network variable to 192.168.0.0/24 and use 192.168.0.22:8080 to connect.

SWEET! that did the trick. initially got "Not Found" but it was clearly a response from the ip, not a timeout. added "/youtube-dl" and the webui loaded.

why would changing the deluge lan_network variable from 192.168.1.0/24 to 192.168.0.0/24 make the difference?

*edit: I see why now - just had to see it from this side of the learning journey - thank you again!*

Edited by starwak3
learning in real time
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/19/2021 at 9:50 PM, jonathanm said:

Post the docker run commands for both containers, redacting passwords if applicable.

Here they are :)

qbittorrentvpn
root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-qbittorrentvpn' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VPN_ENABLED'='yes' -e 'VPN_USER'='REDACTED' -e 'VPN_PASS'='REDACTED' -e 'VPN_PROV'='airvpn' -e 'VPN_CLIENT'='openvpn' -e 'VPN_OPTIONS'='' -e 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD'='yes' -e 'ENABLE_PRIVOXY'='no' -e 'WEBUI_PORT'='8080' -e 'LAN_NETWORK'='192.168.20.0/24' -e 'NAME_SERVERS'='9.9.9.9 9 149.112.112.112' -e 'ADDITIONAL_PORTS'='' -e 'DEBUG'='true' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '6881:6881/tcp' -p '6881:6881/udp' -p '8080:8080/tcp' -p '8118:8118/tcp' -p '7878:7878/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/downloads/':'/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/tv/':'/tv':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/movies/':'/movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/games':'/games':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/videos-misc/':'/videos-misc':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn':'/config':'rw' --sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1" 'binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn'

ef28020fec7c867a43d0770cfef0e9f46a14d2f26da839cf797326cb170f03b9

The command finished successfully!

---

Radarr
root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='radarr' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '/mnt/user/downloads/':'/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/movies/movies/':'/movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/recycle_bin/radarr':'/recycle_bin':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/movies/movies-kids/':'/movies-kids':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/movies/movies-kids-older/':'/movies-kids-older':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/videos-misc/music/':'/music':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/videos-misc/shorts/':'/shorts':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/radarr':'/config':'rw' --net=container:binhex-qbittorrentvpn 'linuxserver/radarr'

c171599811d796e62c2e617246a910779bda637e4be1eff7dfc6f94b695525e2

The command finished successfully!

3 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

What IP is your unraid server?

If you temporarily change ONLY radarr net to bridge and remove the --net=container line, does it connect properly?

the ip is 192.168.20.7 (on a VLAN)

If I revert back the modifications from the Radarr container, and also remove the radarr port allocation from the qbittorrentvpn container, yes Radarr is working properly. This has been my working setup for the past 3 months :)

Thanks!

1 minute ago, touz said:

If I revert back the modifications from the Radarr container, and also remove the radarr port allocation from the qbittorrentvpn container, yes Radarr is working properly.

Very strange. I'm doing something very similar, except I remap the exposed port in the vpn container so I don't have to remove the port allocation when I'm running bridge.

Try changing the vpn port map to 7879 host 7878 container, that way you don't have to remove the mapping to test, and can simply use 7879 when radarr is running through the vpn.

15 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Very strange. I'm doing something very similar, except I remap the exposed port in the vpn container so I don't have to remove the port allocation when I'm running bridge.

Try changing the vpn port map to 7879 host 7878 container, that way you don't have to remove the mapping to test, and can simply use 7879 when radarr is running through the vpn.

not sure i got this right, but this isn't working either... 7879 doesn't want to connect when trying to pass radarr traffic through the vpn.

When putting back bridge and removing the extra parameter, radarr's webui is working again, but with my home ip instead of the vpn.

Could this be an incompatibility between Binhex-qbittorrent docker and linuxserver Radarr?

qbit.png

radarr1.png

3 minutes ago, touz said:

Could this be an incompatibility between Binhex-qbittorrent docker and linuxserver Radarr?

Possibly, but I can't see how. I'm using delugevpn and youtube-dl-material, so no, I'm not comparing apples to apples, but I can't see how using qb and radarr should be any different.

10 minutes ago, touz said:

7879 doesn't want to connect when trying to pass radarr traffic through the vpn.

As a quick proof of concept, I just added the 7879-7878 mapping to delugevpn, added --net=container:binhex-delugevpn to the extra parameters and changed bridge to none on binhex-radarr, and it works fine using tower:7879

I'm lost as to why it's not working for you. Maybe set up delugevpn as a test? It's not like a ton of work, copy a couple vpn files and type in some settings. 5 minutes tops.

• 2 weeks later...

For all the noobs like I am. When you followed the spaceinvader one tutorials to use your delugevpn container for all the others, there is following things to do (thanks to jonathanm for providing the link with all the explanations).

1. In your delugevpn Container -> Edit, and add under Container Variable: ADDITIONAL_PORTS all the ports you have added for your applications, which should be passed through comma separated. For example: 6789,7878,8989,9117,8080,9090,8686.

2. Now you need to change settings in your Containers, which are passed through (Radarr, Jacket and so on). Inside the containers, which now will be accessable you have to change the Server adress to "localhost". So for example if you had in Radarr under Download Clients -> Deluge -> Host (for example) = 192.168.X.XX, you need to change the host to "localhost" without the ".. Just type localhost there.

3. Change it everywhere in the container where you have your host as numbers to text localhost (for example also in indexer).

It seems like this helped me with my problem.. If you see that I have missed something, please feel free to note it.

• Thanks 3

@Doublemyst Would you mind sharing an image of your delugevpn setup and one of the other containers you are routing through it? I've gone crosseyed reading through post after post on multiple threads...plus binhex FAQ. I've changed so many fields at this point that even the delugevpn webui is no longer responding...plus my containers don't seem to have the same fields as a lot of these posts mention. i.e. ADDITIONAL_PORTS is missing from my template. 

edit: i've hosed my entire setup messing with delugevpn and other dockers. None of my dockers now are loding in the webgui. Removed plex then deleted appdata then reinstalled to get the openwebui to reappear. Others like speedtracker& openvpn-as still won't open the  webui. (even after reinstall and setup) no idea what i messed up on my system...

image.thumb.png.6a28985c5d46536719b17a73d0cf4efc.pngimage.thumb.png.572f3ca85060ea44a63fd8964db2c670.png

Edited by Jayg37

Hi Jayg37

I am using Unraid 6.9 right now. Maybe the missing information comes from different unraid versions (I don't know, I am a newbie). The Unraid 6.9 Version is now the official release, as much as I know and you can update your Server over Tools -> Update OS. Just make a Backup of your thumb drive first .. Just in case. For me the update went smooth as butter :).

Here is a Screenshot of my Deluge (they are Up-to-Date at the moment) and Radarr config (I hope I don't show anything I shouldn't :D).

To update to docker container, you should first check for the updates under Docker -> Check for Updates (button below the dockers).

1180589296_2021-03-1310_08_18-Window.thumb.png.c1f8cb289d4c69a81ee20bbceb4d2a65.png

314880201_2021-03-1310_08_54-Window.thumb.png.e9c34be9b08efbeb17d86169257206d0.png622783441_2021-03-1310_11_10-Window.thumb.png.b18bb660a04b26f9011544af2d18cb9b.png

And Radarr

777612667_2021-03-1310_12_12-Window.thumb.png.674ac90a420f1b7c08aa15923ca3455b.png

I hope this helps.

Edit: The Open WebUI dropdown selection isn't available, when you are using this passtrough. For me, to open for example the Radarr WebUI I am going over the URL http://myserverIP:7878/, where myserverIP is the IP adress of my server. for example 192.168.1.30:7878 in your case (if you are using port 7878 for radarr). Then I added this URL as a Bookmark for ease of access. Plex is http://myserverIP:32400/web/index.html

Edit 2: After it is running and you can access Radarr for example, you need to change (for the passtrhough VPN containers) all the written down server IP adresses to "localhost". here my example of Radarr Download client (don't forget the indexers, there you have to change it too):

grafik.png

You need to change it everywhere in the dockers, which are running through your vpn deluge docker. I've seen you are using Jackett, so there too.

Edited by Doublemyst
Reupload Image, added content
  • Thanks 1