USB Stick broke - need PRO key

How can I restore an UNRAID PRO license I had stored on a USB stick that I accidentally broke? I've tried reading it with multiple USB ports but stupid me tried to close the computer case and bent/broke the whole USB stick. This pro key wasn't currently used in an UNRAID system but was for testing and a possible second machine. I have no access to read the contents but I did see somekind of serial number on the metal of the housing. Photo attached.

20200413_032037.jpg

20200413_032736.jpg

No backup of the stick from any point in the past?

How about emails from limetech? They would send the key file to your email when you purchased it.

If you exhaust your local backup and email archives, send an email to support, I'd list at the minimum all your current keys that you do have, the emails used to register them, and the approximate date you purchased the license in question. If you don't provide them with a way to differentiate what is in use and which key is lost, there is a possibility one of your live licenses could get blacklisted.

Once you recover a copy of the .key file, it's trivial to attach it to a new GUID, that can happen automatically with the help of a wizard. So if you do happen to find the key in your archives, just set up a new USB stick, put the key file in the config folder, and boot it up.

I have been using unraid since V3, so finding such old emails could be difficult. I believe I have 3 PRO keys. One of which is being used. One I bought as just a backup for no reason and one key I won from UNRAID when you guys had that "best question will get you an PRO license". I'm sure you guys have that info. Anyway, I'll see what I can find.

Ok, I did find all the emails and the links to download them all. The download links seem to be working too. There is also an exchange between me and Tom about the key that I have won. Give me a few days to get all the data and if I can download the keys I think I'll be ok. If I need assistance I will hit you guys up. Thanks.

By the way, what's the easiest way to find out my GUID for the stick that is in my UNRAID box now via the command line?

Edited by opentoe
1 minute ago, opentoe said:

you guys had that "best question will get you an PRO license". I'm sure you guys have that info.

Not sure who you are talking to when you say "you guys". I personally have no access to Limetech company records. @jonp or @SpencerJ should be able to help you, but it would probably be quicker to email them at the support address, they don't always keep close tabs on the forums.

9 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Not sure who you are talking to when you say "you guys". I personally have no access to Limetech company records. @jonp or @SpencerJ should be able to help you, but it would probably be quicker to email them at the support address, they don't always keep close tabs on the forums.

Apologize, thought you had the ability to look up cutomer's, etc. I found the GUID's and will boil it down to the one I broke.

• 2 weeks later...