VM Wont Start

Hi recently I went to remotely access my VM and I couldn't, so I checked the status of the VM on unraid and it was paused for some reason. I tried to restart it with a monitor attached and it froze on the windows 10 loading screen. I then tried to restart without the GPU assigned (i recently added the GPU so I figured it was causing the issue, it was previously working however) and I got this error

cannot create file '/etc/libvirt/qemu/Windows 10.xml.new': Read-only file system

I then tried to restart again this time with the GPU and I got the following error

Hook script execution failed: internal error: Child process (LC_ALL=C PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin HOME=/ /etc/libvirt/hooks/qemu 'Windows 10' started begin -) unexpected exit status 126: libvirt: error : cannot execute binary /etc/libvirt/hooks/qemu: Input/output error

I have attached my diagnostics 

On a side note, I'm concerned I may be getting close to the limit of PSU, is there a way to monitor my power usage? Is it related?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks

garthplex-diagnostics-20200414-1910.zip

This is probably because there is no free space on the cache drive?   The vdisk for VMs starts of using ‘sparse’ allocation so that the physical space is less than the logical space but over time as VMs run the physical space requirement can grow towards the logical one and if there is insufficient space to grow the vdisk then symptoms like you describe can happen.

It also looks like the docker.img file is probably corrupt as well so would need to be deleted and recreated via Apps >> Previous Apps.

your disk1 is also completely full.    This is probably because what looks like your media share has a Split Level of 1 and when Unraid selects a disk for a file on the array Split Level over-rides allocation method which can force files to a particular disk even if it is full.    This can result in mover not being able to move files from cache to array to free up cache space.     You will need to either manually  move files from disk1 to free up space or relax the Split Level setting.

• 4 months later...