is there still no way to have more than one array?

39 minutes ago, solomonshv said:

i don't get it. how does that help me? is there a way to tell it to keep certain folders on the fast storage at all times? 

Any share that has a Use-Cache setting = Only will only exist on the cache drive.     If Use Cache=Prefer then it will normally be on the cache drive but is allowed to overflow to the array if the cache drive runs out of space.

• Like 1

thank you for taking the time to answer my Qs, but this seems like a work around rather than a solution. i would have never imagined such a limitation. i've been spoiled by synology and QNAP, but i don't want to pay for their hardware anymore. 

looks like i'm better off getting a HighPoint SSD7120 controller and let it run my nvme drives in RAID6. 

thanks again. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2020 at 10:00 AM, Squid said:

Multiple arrays, no.  Multiple cache pools are however coming with the next rev of unRaid.

That is wonderful!  I was just thinking I wanted this, and here you post about it.  By next Rev though, are you talking 6.8.4, or 6.9 or 7.0?  I'm still a newb here and don't know the versioning structure.  Thank you

Edited by Markess
6 minutes ago, Markess said:

That is wonderful!  I was just thinking I wanted this, and here you post about it.  By next Rev though, are you talking 6.8.4, or 6.9 or 7.0?  I'm still a newb here and don't know the versioning structure.  Thank you

6.9, apparently.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...