[SOLVED] Can't seem to get new NIC working with failed mobo NIC

Hi

[Status: I have no linux skills].

Problem:

I've been running UNRAID for about 3 years, no problems - it's bloody marvelous.

Last week by mobo Network Card (NIC) packed up. Don't think it was an update related problem - basically no lights on NIC backplate. At least I don't think this is the problem (?!)

Checked BIOS and nothing wrong in there either.

Bought new PCIe card, installed and UNRAID seems very unsure of which card is which and I don't seem to be able to set things up correctly. (The screen for network settings isn't my favourite).

It sees the card ok but it doesn't seem to be able to do anything with it.

I have tried deleting network.cfg and network-rules.cfg with no luck. (Unplugging the USB boot stick and renaming to .OLD versions). 

Multiple reboots with onboard NIC switched off, on etc all to no avail. 

Objective: New NIC working on its own and binding to network normally. 

I will post the zipped log in a moment. 

Any help greatly appreciated and many thanks 🙂

Tim

SOLVED: Couldn't understand it - moral of the story - it's probably hardware based... which it was. Rather than downgrading UNRAID which I don't like to mess around with (I have had bad experiences with RAID arrays in the past), I instead stuck a new hardrive in and installed windows 10 (my more familiar OS). Both NICs are unrecognised - hence, mobo is dead - I will get a replacement. 

This isn't the first time that a mobo has had onboard NIC problems for me. 

Johnnie - thank you for taking the time to respond. A second pair of eyes on the problem helps me to see thing a bit more clearly. Appreciate the help.

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Can't seem to get new NIC working with failed mobo NIC