Recovering deleted files

Gents,

I was fine tuning my emby server into the Emby Settings when, for some reason, it deleted my whole movie folder.

I don't know what I did wrong, I simply deleted an automatically generated thumbnail for my library and the folder was gone. But well, a mistake was probably made, here is not the question.

When I saw the folder disappeared, I immediately shutdown the array.

I took each disk separately and scanned them with UFS Explorer. I can see all my missing files however, when I recover them, they are heavily corrupted. Bits are missing so most of the movies won't play. I suspect that maybe some data are spread across several disks.

therefore my question is the following:

What would be the best way to recover those data (that are still physically on the disks) ?

Thanks for your support

4 hours ago, mathgoy said:

I suspect that maybe some data are spread across several disks.

That's definitely not the issue, as each disk has an independent file system.

I suspect the actual issue to be fragmentation, which is not really solvable by affordable recovery solutions. If UFS explorer can't get a clean recovery, I believe your most efficient course of action would be to restore from backup, or re-rip your collection.

Sorry, but that's been my experience in the past.

• 8 months later...

Is there still no simply way of undeleting a single file in V6.8.3?

I know with some work it can be retrieved from one of the discs before a parity check wipes it from all but it seems to be an obvious but missing tool?

Wait, wait, now found this thread to add a recycle bin:

So hopefully people looking for 'undelete' in the future will see this.

Edited by Knights21
Found answer