Files not moving off cachedrive

I'm not sure if I'm misinterpreting how a cache drive is supposed to work. Unraid as a whole is new to me. I've been very happy and the documentation for the most part has been enough to get me by for now. One thing I can't figure out is the cache drive though. I have two NVME drives, one of which I designated as a cache drive. My assumption was that the mover would transfer all the files stored on the cache drive to other hard drives on the array. After letting the mover do it's own thing when it was scheduled I noticed my cache drive was still staying at 49-50% utilization. After looking up how to trigger this manually, I've tried multiple times to initiate the mover.  No share at the moment is set to "only" for the cache drive option, only two are set to prefer.

'Prefer' will tend to keep files on the cache if possible.  You should set to 'Yes' if you want the cache to be used, but files moved to the array by the mover.

Click on the small 'question mark' icon (top right) of the web UI to bring up help info which explains this.

Edited by S80_UK
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, S80_UK said:

'Prefer' will tend to keep files on the cache if possible.  You should set to 'Yes' if you want the cache to be used, but files moved to the array by the mover.

Click on the small 'question mark' icon (top right) of the web UI to bring up help info which explains this.

Ohh!  Thank you for clearing this up for me! Very helpful.

• Like 1