Ryzen 3400G Vega 11 GPU Passthrough

Hi all,

I have been searching for a while and have found conflicting answers so trying to get a definitive response,  My unraid server is headless and i only connect to the admin gui remotely or via SSH so my understanding is that it is possible to pass through the integrated video controller to a VM (I do have a discreet graphics card but that is already in use in a gaming VM, i would like to pass through the integrated GPu for some video rendering and conversion tasks in a separate VM.)  I have a ryzen 3400G CPU that has built in vega 11 graphics i wondered if it would be possible to pass this through to a VM.  Having looked at the awesome @SpaceInvaderOne video on breaking up IOMMU Groups i think this may be possible but thought i would ask first as i want to avoid breaking anything in the array. I have tried the simple option of enabling PCIe ACS override: in the VM Manager Settings window however that does not split out the adapter into its own group which prevents me starting

Below is the IOMMU group that contains the Vega VGA adapter

IOMMU group 1:	[1022:1452] 00:08.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-1fh) PCIe Dummy Host Bridge
	[1022:15db] 00:08.1 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 Internal PCIe GPP Bridge 0 to Bus A
	[1022:15dc] 00:08.2 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 Internal PCIe GPP Bridge 0 to Bus B
	[1002:15d8] 06:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Picasso (rev c8)
	[1002:15de] 06:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Raven/Raven2/Fenghuang HDMI/DP Audio Controller
	[1022:15df] 06:00.2 Encryption controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 10h-1fh) Platform Security Processor
	[1022:15e0] 06:00.3 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven USB 3.1
	[1022:15e1] 06:00.4 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven USB 3.1
	[1022:15e3] 06:00.6 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 10h-1fh) HD Audio Controller
	[1022:7901] 07:00.0 SATA controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 61)

I have 2 questions;

1.  If i were to append the syslinux with the command pcie_acs_override=id:1022:15d8 would that break out the device so that it can be passed through to a VM and what if any are the downsides of breaking the IOMMU groups assigned by the system?

2. Is there a different method that will allow the Integrated GPU to be used and if so how can this be achieved?

Thanks in advance and if you require any further info let me know.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...