Zoom Sucks: Riot Chat + Jitsi Video Conference Setup

77 posts in this topic Last Reply

On 1/10/2021 at 5:16 AM, Sharpie said:

@HojojojoWololo Thanks again for updating this guide.

I am still getting the "Bad Gateway" issue I have made every change you have listed and to no avail. I even added the inverted commas.

I was able to get my Element-web container online but not matrix keep getting this

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main
"__main__", mod_spec)
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/runpy.py", line 85, in _run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/synapse/app/homeserver.py", line 512, in <module>
main()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/synapse/app/homeserver.py", line 507, in main
hs = setup(sys.argv[1:])
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/synapse/app/homeserver.py", line 342, in setup
"Synapse Homeserver", config_options
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/synapse/config/_base.py", line 722, in load_or_generate_config
config_dict, config_dir_path=config_dir_path, data_dir_path=data_dir_path
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/synapse/config/_base.py", line 744, in parse_config_dict
data_dir_path=data_dir_path,
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/synapse/config/_base.py", line 369, in invoke_all
res[name] = getattr(config, func_name)(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/synapse/config/registration.py", line 90, in read_config
strtobool(str(config.get("enable_registration", False)))
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/distutils/util.py", line 307, in strtobool
raise ValueError("invalid truth value %r" % (val,))
ValueError: invalid truth value 'ture'

At the end of my logs, I cant even seem to find those files nor are they mentioned in any of the guides.

Got any more tips on how I can correct this? or get past the Bad gateway issue?

Thanks Again 😃

Somewhere in a configuration file you have "true" misspelled. Notice the line that says "invalid truth value 'ture'".

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I posted this on the serverbuilds.net forums, and noticed that several users here were interested, so cross-posting!   This a somewhat complex yet in-demand installation, so I figured I'd sh

Nice catch! I'm a Unifi users as well, but my controller runs on the USG. The Matrix container config does give you the option to reassign the STUN ports, so you can give that a shot and reflect the s

in regards to the pid file   edit /data/turnserver.conf, add the following and restart pidfile=/data/turnserver.pid userdb=/data/turnserver.db   perhaps, @yinzer should add this

Posted Images

Did anything change with Element ? Somehow my server has completely halted on sending messages. The server shows up like everything is fine and connected just can't send any messages. 

Matrix server seems ok, however I am getting a weird error with Element:

2021/02/17 15:00:32 [error] 21#21: *48 open() "/usr/share/nginx/html/config.chat.mydomain.net.json" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 172.18.0.2, server: localhost, request: "GET /config.chat.mydomain.net.json?cachebuster=1613592032263 HTTP/1.1", host: "chat.mydomain.net"

I have not done any changes and this happened right after an update so I believe something has been broken by either the matrix update or element update recently. Before I go breaking things thought I would check for any tips or suggestions on recent changes maybe I missed.