start and stopp a Docker together with a VM

37 minutes ago, Putschgi said:

is that possible?

Sure, but it will require a custom script or scripts, it's not a built in feature of Unraid.

I have no idea of your personal level of expertise, so all I can confidently say is that if you use the virsh and docker commands properly in a script, it's relatively easy.

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2020 at 10:44 AM, Putschgi said:

Hello everybody I have a VM with Windows 10 and want to start a Docker when the VM is running and switch it off again when the VM stops. is that possible?

Did you ever figure this out. I’m not too script savvy. But I’ve been trying to find a way to stop Plex (with Gpu passthru) when I start a VM with the same gpu passthru 

• 2 months later...

I think that this could be accomplish with a user script, specifically with the command "virsh list" and "docker stop", you only have to check is the vm is present or not in the list, the main problem is the delay (VMs in SSDs starts veryfast) of the script, but probably you could just let it in a constant loop, so every 5 seconds checks if the vm is running or not.