9210-8i stuck in RESET State

I have a 9210-8i that wouldn't let me flash it from IR to IT mode throwing some error messages.

Then after a reboot when i do -list it says controller is not operational asking for a firmware file.

neither 2108it or ir seem to work.

It says a firmware hostboot is required and its stuck in RESET state.

Looks like it needs a file i can't find to get it out of this state, anyone else this before?

It is an LSI SAS: SAS2008(B2) not sure if this B2 is the issue i haven't seen that before.

IMG_2517.jpg

IMG_2519.jpg

My LSI card is on it's way so I read your situation in case I ran into it too, so take this info with a grain of salt.  But I did a quick search on your issue and found an old post on a FreeBSD site that sounded similar but on a 9211-8i card.  What seemed to help them was:

"Feb 23, 2013  #10

On the LSI support page - LSI 9211-8i - go for firmware menu. You can download firmware which comes with SAS2Flash Utility Quick Reference Guide. Look at page 14 for instruction how to erase firmware from HBA. Before pushing different firmware (IT vs IR), current has to be erased. I guess you learned the hard way ;-)

I updated my FW from EFI, but it's pretty much the same procedure."

Might be something to look at?