Is this good for business use?

My recommendation would be,

IF you are the owner or a principle in the company and

IF you are technically savvy enough and willing to stay on top of maintenance and troubleshooting and

IF you already are maintaining a personal use Unraid rig so you can try things out before putting them into production,

Then Unraid could be right for your business.

If you are simply an employee, then no. If something doesn't work as the boss thinks it should, you will be setting yourself up for either ill will or trying to fix things on your own time without pay.

If you simply wanted to use the NAS function, no containers or VM's, then it would be fine IMHO.

• Like 2

My recommendation is no. unRAID was not designed with business level security in mind. Its patch/update cycle, while much better than it used to be, is still quite slow compared to the needs of business grade software. And the options for official support channels and documentation are simply not robust enough for the business world. Its a fantastic home network appliance, but at this time simply not something i can recommend to a business.