No SMART logging on my SAS drives?

Disk 2 is showing read errors:

image.thumb.png.1a672d8c070f73dbef5105bc3fcb8310.png

But I can't get any stats out of the SAS drives?  Log attached.

Presume its a failing seagate, worried all of these are about to pop now.  I've just spent the last week copying data back and fourth and rebuilding parity ready for a case upgrade. Potentially stress tested them all rather more than they are used to.... =/

ST32000444SS_9WM4LHLS0000C1347ADN-20200426-2009.txt

This server maintainance has sure been a faff these last two weeks :D Made up for years of plain sailing mind.

So I rolled back to Version: 6.8.0-rc7 (that was my option), and I can only upgrade to 6.8.3 when I select stable branch, is there a way to choose 6.8.2?

6.8.0 is not happy about the forms vunerability, but the plugin doesnt appear on CA looking for sysdream and limtech, i need to look into that if i can't upgrade forward enough.

• 8 months later...

Is it still the case, it seems to be unless its another issue, that smartmontools and the unraid front end GUI still dont play nice with SAS drives? 

I downgraded last time, but i've bitten the bullet and moved forward to 6.9 so I can use cache pools.  Now I'm SMART-less.  Unless I manually run everything, which isn't ideal i'm sure i'm not the only person missing SMART on the webgui? Although it might be my fault, i might have set something else somewhere.

• 3 months later...
On 1/4/2021 at 7:35 PM, alexdodd said:

Is it still the case, it seems to be unless its another issue, that smartmontools and the unraid front end GUI still dont play nice with SAS drives? 

I downgraded last time, but i've bitten the bullet and moved forward to 6.9 so I can use cache pools.  Now I'm SMART-less.  Unless I manually run everything, which isn't ideal i'm sure i'm not the only person missing SMART on the webgui? Although it might be my fault, i might have set something else somewhere.

It must still be the case. I cant get smart data from SAS drives either. Maybe for 6.9.2 @limetech could be upgraded to a version with bug fixed or downgraded to the version from 6.8.2 that worked. I do get probably 99% of unraid users don't use SAS drives.

2 hours ago, SimonF said:

What information are you missing, I get smart info for my SAS drives under 6.9.1

Which drives are you using?

I am using Seagate ST2000NM0023 drives. They are older and I have a couple newer drives in my test server. I ordered on the way for testing. The drive identity says Available - device has SMART capability. I included a screenshot of the self-test section along with the smart report.

Smart.png

ST2000NM0023_Z1X1AD7B_35000c50057a953f7-20210406-1756.txt